Sponsored by:

E55 on US41 in Lutz FL!!! Having Fun!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 on US41 in Lutz FL!!! Having Fun!

Okay, who's the new owner of an E55 Black that I was just f&#@ing around with on US41? Give me a shout bro. Nice end to a boring day . I pulled up at around 115mph on that first run. What were we doing coming through traffic? You had more ***** than me on that deal, seen too many cops sitting on that median. Mercedes Benz AMG representin' in Tampa FLA
Old 02-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Almost a Member!

2007 E63
"thats like a craigs list chance ecounters:
you hot chick in silver clk 500.
me dude with tats in suped up rocket ship E63 amg and fake rolex.
please meet me on mars for starbucks fraps"

Im just jealous because the only people who want to race me have hemi or vtec badges....

someone please meet me on the 101 between woodland hills and thousand oaks to test out whether super chargers or stroker pokers are faster...

thank you.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by MOZ80s

Im just jealous because the only people who want to race me have hemi or vtec badges....

someone please meet me on the 101 between woodland hills and thousand oaks to test out whether super chargers or stroker pokers are faster...

thank you.
Actually, if that dude gets on this forum at all I'll likely find him with no problem. Not a lot of these types of rides where I live and he was headed north where there are even more rednecks Also, we weren't really officially racing. I noticed him as I rolled up 41 and when he realized what I was driving he got behind me. First opportunity to break out I took it. Naturally I had the luxury of knowing the jump. Don't care who's faster actually. My z06 is tucked in sleepy in the garage and ready to slay all on command
Old 02-23-2007, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline

thank you.

when where?
i can bring an e55 or a 997s
Old 02-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Almost a Member!

2007 E63
i drive home everyday about 6 from topanga canyon to the 23....
always looking for nub in all da wong places...
Old 02-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Almost a Member!

2007 E63
hit me with e first.

any car that starts with 9 scares me..
Old 02-23-2007, 08:39 PM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
hit me with e first.

any car that starts with 9 scares me..
C'mon..we eat 911's for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Old 02-23-2007, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by e63z06cobra
My z06 is tucked in sleepy in the garage and ready to slay all on command
Now that scares me ......unless I'm in my other beast!!!

P.S. Just having some fun...been a long week!!
Old 02-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Almost a Member!

2007 E63
I was just kidding Im not too scared of any 997 unless its turbo charged and were at 150 when i hit my speed limiter...

I did see a sl600? today silver asian guy, body kit, big big wheels lic plate: SCREAMR? but I had to get off the freeway in calabasas to visit my money so we couldnt race.... but he was giving the

but I smoked the soccer mom in the stock w210 with kids in the back who tried to get over on me..
Old 02-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by 05VENOM
Now that scares me ......unless I'm in my other beast!!!

P.S. Just having some fun...been a long week!!
No need to explain my brother. I've yet to race any Vipers and I'm not exactly looking for a fight with any of them.

Pretty much a drivers race if you ask me and I just don't have a complete handle on the z06 yet. Only have 700 miles on it.

When she comes back from MTI racing in about a month making 550-575 at the rear wheels, exedy clutch, and a chassis tweak then things will get interesting to say the least!

Standing starts and 1/4 mi's are cool but I love the z06 from 100 up to about 170. It pulls like a freakin' freight train. Total insanity.

Wanna eliminate drugs in this country? Give everyone an E63 and a z06!!!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=

Wanna eliminate drugs in this country? Give everyone an E63 and a z06!!!!![/QUOTE]

Now that's an idea..and how true it be. I sold my '02 Z06 when I got my
Viper and I loved that car. It came stock with 405hp but I added ONLY the breathless performance vortex ram air and x-pipe(mainly to get rid of the jingle noise) and the car was doing 12 flat in the 1/4. All for 45 grand....absolutely amazing. I know people complain about cheap interior and plastic knobs...and it doesn't have the build quality of a Porsche but who really cares when your viewing the world thru your rear view mirror.
As far as the E63..still driving it every chance I get . Won't compare it to the Z06 or Viper. (Pointless..4-door sedan vs limited application 2-door sports cars) Didn't think I could enjoy a 4-door this much.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by 05VENOM
and it doesn't have the build quality of a Porsche but who really cares when your viewing the world thru your rear view mirror.
sorry to offend but its my view point that the porsche is leagues ahead of anything thats made in america in terms of handling and quality.

Last edited by --phill--; 02-24-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by --phill--
sorry to offend but its my view point thatthe porsche is leagues ahead of anything thats made in america in terms of handling and quality.
Believe me ..no offense taken. Agree with assessment of build quality but not handling. I looked at the 911S before my E63 purchase and decided that for 95,000 the car is GROSSLY overpriced. And for 355hp...I don't care what the build quality is. You don't slam the gas and get thrilled by build quality. Now I have nothing against p-cars but the 911S should be priced more in the 70's range..loaded. And at 25,000 total cars per year, there is no exclusivity.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:54 AM

^ good point but..

it always will come down to what you want from a car. im from the UK and pretty much all ive read on these pages and pages of forum about driving is drag racing it seems to be massive on your side of the pond. but for many europeans its more about the experience of a b road blast with twist turns jumps and being able to exploit the chassis, brakes and steering in different conditions and get out of the car with a big grin on your face (thats if the car delivers)

much like the video posted about the evo8 vs lambourghini is for me the same comparison between an E55 AMG. to me the mercedes is more inline with the porsche. its about build quality, safety for your family, materials, prestiege image, specification, longevity of components, dealer quality coupled with some great power and the feeling of not having to own a turob`d up saloon to get power because the engine is of a high displacement and gains torque through natural aspiration.

the vette maybe a super quick car but theres so much more to a porsche and in the same sense you buy a z06 you may aswell in that sense get a Skyline, Evo8 etc.. as the pace is equal and handling is far easier to exploit

Last edited by --phill--; 02-24-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:08 AM

^ good point but..

it always will come down to what you want from a car. im from the UK and pretty much all ive read on these pages and pages of forum about driving is drag racing it seems to be massive on your side of the pond. but for many europeans its more about the experience of a b road blast with twist turns jumps and being able to exploit the chassis, brakes and steering in different conditions and get out of the car with a big grin on your face (thats if the car delivers)

much like the video posted about the evo8 vs lambourghini is for me the same comparison between an E55 AMG. to me the mercedes is more inline with the porsche. its about build quality, safety for your family, materials, prestiege image, specification, longevity of components, dealer quality coupled with some great power and the feeling of not having to own a turob`d up saloon to get power because the engine is of a high displacement and gains torque through natural aspiration.

the vette maybe a super quick car but theres so much more to a porsche and in the same sense you buy a z06 you may aswell in that sense get a Skyline, Evo8 etc.. as the pace is equal and handling is far esier to exploit
Only wish we had alot of twisties...with no speed limit. We could certainly use a road like the autobahn here in the states. This limits the use of alot of these cars. Maybe that's why 1/4 mile drag strips are so popular.My E63 is a blast to drive daily and has room for two child seats in the back. My Viper..a weekend toy, was never ment to be daily drive,. especially in the northeast.
So i drive it sparingly.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:18 AM

well the roads i travel to work on are very twisty and fun but we still have some speed camera and police to watch out for (thankfully theres no speed camera on my run) big power is almost pointless without tight chuckable handling that is compliant with the bumpy fractured roads hence the reason many hothatches are faster than big power cars across country and the evo`s are pretty much unstopable
Old 02-24-2007, 10:40 AM

well the roads i travel to work on are very twisty and fun but we still have some speed camera and police to watch out for (thankfully theres no speed camera on my run) big power is almost pointless without tight chuckable handling that is compliant with the bumpy fractured roads hence the reason many hothatches are faster than big power cars across country and the evo`s are pretty much unstopable
Speed cameras?? As if you are speeding, the camera clocks your mph and could ticket you in the mail?? In my neck of the woods we have red light cameras...but no speed cameras..that I know of.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:12 AM

07 S65
sorry to offend but its my view point that the porsche is leagues ahead of anything thats made in america in terms of handling and quality.
Being from the UK I'm sure you've seen Top Gears review and times around their road course for the Z06? It's one of the fastest, best handling sports cars out of production to date. You can't buy a P car that comes anywhere close to this car for the money. I am not a Vette fan, never owned one but, you have to give the car credit. Porsche can't build anything like this for the money. I agree to the build quality issues, they don't compare.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
well the roads i travel to work on are very twisty and fun but we still have some speed camera and police to watch out for (thankfully theres no speed camera on my run) .........

GATSO is the enemy.

It's only a matter of time before it crosses the pond, people. Prepare to open your wallets.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by DJE55
Being from the UK I'm sure you've seen Top Gears review and times around their road course for the Z06? It's one of the fastest, best handling sports cars out of production to date. You can't buy a P car that comes anywhere close to this car for the money. I am not a Vette fan, never owned one but, you have to give the car credit. Porsche can't build anything like this for the money. I agree to the build quality issues, they don't compare.
And just imagine what times the Z06 would've turned if it could've swapped tires w/P-cars? The run-flats are truely crap! harder overall suspension feel, like skateboard wheels, I switched to Michelin Pilots, jeezuss what a difference As far as 0-60 grip, cornering, softer more quite ride etc.. totally changed car and I only have the C6...

Last edited by Thericker; 02-24-2007 at 08:57 PM.