Sponsored by:

New to E55 Couple of Questions?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
New to E55 Couple of Questions?!

i got my new 99 Euro E55 and i have some questions since the manual is in german

First of all how do you disable ESP completly? i saw this in a post but i dont know if its true

1. To start, the key must be removed from the ignition.
2. Insert the key and turn to position 1.
3. Immediately press and hold the trip odometer reset button until the instrument cluster beeps. There is no visual message, only an audio beep. Be patient, this takes around 40 seconds.
4. Press the lower menu button (it looks like two sheets of paper, the one with the writing in the background behind the blank one)
5. Press the up arrow button.
6. Press the "+" sign to disable the Traction System (turn "ON" test mode)
7. Start the engine, the traction system is now disabled.
To return to normal, remove the key and restart the engine. The traction control warning should no longer be in the cluster. If it is, shut the engine off and remove the key again. Then insert the key and turn to position 1. Note that the DYNO test screen is displayed immediately. Push the "-" button to enable the traction system (turn "OFF" test mode)
NOTE: When you first turn the key to position 1, ESP DYNO Test screen pops up, then after 1-2 seconds it may disappear while faults are displayed. If you weren't fast enough in pressing the "-" button before codes were displayed, just wait until all codes cycle by, then the ESP DYNO Test screen will reappear

2-In a Drag Race is better run with the ESP on or off???
3-How Much Oil does the car takes?And Type?
4-How do i change language of the display
5-I think that i have a lil hole on the muffler will this Affect Performance Drastically???
6-My rear curtains stop working suddenly they were working but doesnt work any more (what can i do to fix this?)
7-Sometimes the Parktronic sensor senses objects w-o being nothing in front of it..
8-were can i get an english manual?
9-is there any way i can program the key to open,close windows (my previous 97 e420 did this but this one no)

Also there was an online diagnostic for the climate control tahat u puit the codes it gives you and the online thing will show u the fault,anyone have this link?

thanks in advance

Last edited by aguita; 07-06-2007 at 02:25 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
I think your car does not have dyno mode.. 03+ models do...
Old 07-06-2007, 01:10 PM

Used to drive E55
For #9.

If you just hold the lock/unlock button it should roll up all and lock everything from the drivers side only. same goes for the unlock button. Hold it down and all windows and sunroof will open.