Hello to u

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG 1999 210
Thumbs up Hello to u

Hello,

Just like to say quality site, with good info and advice thats helped me buy my perfect 1999 E55 AMG. Really taken to the car and can't get enough of that V8 Power. I know the guys from the US an so are used to puttin them in everything, but over here they are a rair sight. Just pull's like a train an makes u smile like a demon. Had a lot of fast cars and bikes, still got some but the merc just does it with style. Still getin used to the cornering, a little unsure on the small tight bends. But always willing to learn ! Anyway Cheers

BillyLove
Old 07-11-2007, 07:51 AM

E55 AMG Estate W210 1998
Originally Posted by BillyLove666
Hello,

Just like to say quality site, with good info and advice thats helped me buy my perfect 1999 E55 AMG. Really taken to the car and can't get enough of that V8 Power. I know the guys from the US an so are used to puttin them in everything, but over here they are a rair sight. Just pull's like a train an makes u smile like a demon. Had a lot of fast cars and bikes, still got some but the merc just does it with style. Still getin used to the cornering, a little unsure on the small tight bends. But always willing to learn ! Anyway Cheers

BillyLove
Welcome Billy

Must say I agree with you 100%. Got mine last month & am very impressed with everything about the car, particularly the acceleration. Just put new rubber on her (Goodyear Eagle F1's) & she's feels superb now, very confident driving her. Traction much improved, very quiet tyres & great value for money. Been accelerating until now, without using the kickdown (as old tyres were worn out). However, with new rubber fitted, it's like engaging warp drive & it actually shocked me

Icing on the cake, is they seem relatively bullet proof too

Regards

Chris
Old 07-13-2007, 04:41 PM

E55 AMG 1999 210
Cheers Chris,

Ure Estate looks pretty sweet sure.

Quick question if you know the answer bud, When i had my Subaru STI 22B i removed the resinator which was a big black box that held the air before it was sucked into the air filter inside the front driverside wing. Which in turn did increase exaust note,( and supposily boost performance) Ive heard the resinator can be removed in the E55 but cant identify anything similar, or maybe im just bein a bit thick???????.

Also this X-pipe thingymagiggy. Any Idea what the crack is with this, what does it do better??????.
Seen some posts but still not got the jist of it...........s Purpose.

Thanx

Billy
Old 07-13-2007, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Welcome guys, I've been here for a pretty long time and have learned quite a bit myself. I also offer any info that I know about and try to help where I can.

I have removed the resonator and added the X-pipe to mine. Let me tell you that the sound from the exhaust without the resonator is really nice. It's very mellow and you really only here it when your on the pedal but it's a very nice and mellow growl or rumble. The X-pipe is supposedly for regulating the exhaust output into the muffler. I've heard it does give you a few horses but I myself have not dino'd mine or seen anyone's dino sheet to confirm. Regardless, I do feel a slight difference but the sound is totally worth the effort.

You guys might also look into purchasing an AMG version of the Sprint Booster. It removes the lag time when punching it therefore increasing the excelleration and response time. I installed this myself in about 5 mins. under my hood and daaaaaaaaaaaaamn, what a difference. I recommend this little "pick-me-up" and it's only about $300USD.

Once again, welcome to the forums and don't be shy about posting pics of your cars, especially every time you mod them.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
welcome
enjoy the ride