Sponsored by:

Normal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 E55 AMG
Normal?

Is it normal when you floor it (with ESP on) for it to spin the tires a lil then take off? I never really pushed it off a red light, today I did. And also I heard that it is bad to floor it without driving it for a bit, something about compression? Well I don't know... all I know is that I love my car and it being an AMG.

Thanks Guys.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Nocturnal-G
Is it normal when you floor it (with ESP on) for it to spin the tires a lil then take off? I never really pushed it off a red light, today I did. And also I heard that it is bad to floor it without driving it for a bit, something about compression? Well I don't know... all I know is that I love my car and it being an AMG.

Thanks Guys.
It is perfectly normal for your tire to spin from a dead stop with, or without, the ESP activated. As for your second question, vehicles tend to run best when the vehicle's fluids and exhaust system are at optimum operating temperature.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:35 AM

2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by ruBENZ
It is perfectly normal for your tire to spin from a dead stop with, or without, the ESP activated. As for your second question, vehicles tend to run best when the vehicle's fluids and exhaust system are at optimum operating temperature.
Thanks Ruben, you seriously have been a great help to me... usually the first one to answer all my questions. I'm relieved now, thanks to you!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:47 AM

2002 e55 w211 ....
YOU SHOULD NEVER FLOOR IT WHEN COLD!!!!!!!

gearbox / engine should be nice and warm...... a cold engine i will admit is a faster more responsive engine BUT isn;t an efficient engine...... 90% of engine wear happens in 1st 10 miles of running.....

But for you guys who have warm weather .... that will be a help right away as ambiant temp will be up compared to us brits who TODAY for instance are basking in what we call a warm day @ 19C deg

always warm up engine before any hard driving........ thats the main rule
Old 09-11-2007, 01:14 PM

E55.....AMG
remember that although your engine temperature gauge may have warmed up to the correct temperature.

That is only the water temp and the engine oil and transmission fluid will take a little bit longer to reach proper running temperature
Old 09-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Nocturnal-G
Is it normal when you floor it (with ESP on) for it to spin the tires a lil then take off?
Thanks Guys.
Not normal.....tires should spin a lot not a lil. lol
Old 09-11-2007, 10:14 PM

2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by palmer3914
YOU SHOULD NEVER FLOOR IT WHEN COLD!!!!!!!

gearbox / engine should be nice and warm...... a cold engine i will admit is a faster more responsive engine BUT isn;t an efficient engine...... 90% of engine wear happens in 1st 10 miles of running.....

But for you guys who have warm weather .... that will be a help right away as ambiant temp will be up compared to us brits who TODAY for instance are basking in what we call a warm day @ 19C deg

always warm up engine before any hard driving........ thats the main rule
Well I always warm up the engine for 2 minutes minimum. It's funky though... one day I feel it pull harder (yesterday) and today it wasn't pulling like yesterday (it was pulling less)... funky.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:28 AM

2002 e55 w211 ....
2 mins!!!!

im thinking more like a good 10mins.......

my cosworth has all guages for everything and the water gets to "normal" temp in about 5 mins but at that point the oil is still only 40deg........ i never put my foot down till its at between 70-80deg .............

but thats me.. each to their own..