Power outlet fuse.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
Power outlet fuse.

Where is this fuse located? I popped the fuse for the second time. The first time it took forever to find the fuse. Can anyone save me the trouble of looking and let me know where the location is? Thanks!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
Where is this fuse located? I popped the fuse for the second time. The first time it took forever to find the fuse. Can anyone save me the trouble of looking and let me know where the location is? Thanks!
I don't know what power outlet your talkin about but you have three places to look: under hood drivers side rear by brake booster, side of dash drivers side near where door meets body under little door pull and under back seat by your battery.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dawson AMG
I don't know what power outlet your talkin about but you have three places to look: under hood drivers side rear by brake booster, side of dash drivers side near where door meets body under little door pull and under back seat by your battery.

The only one in the front...the cigarette lighter outlet. And I know there are three places to look. Which one is it?
Old 09-15-2007, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
I have not replaced that one so I would look at side of dash under little door. Use a test light or test voltmeter to find bad fuse. Touch both sides of fuse pin (silver) to find bad fuse or pull each one out and look in middle of it for broken fuse link. Replace with same color fuse or size of amp.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I found it...it was the first one I grabbed under the hood.

But now I've noticed that it is unplugged and I can't get behind it. It looks like I have to take the dash apart just to get behind it. What a pain in the a$$ these cars can be. I've also found the S and W button isn't working where the shifter is. The middle piece comes apart and I found a metal piece just sitting there. The button hasn't been working since I bought the car and today I thought I'd take it apart to look at it.

These cars frustrate me!!