Sponsored by:

Yeah... What A Great Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Oliverk
You've got that the wrong way around. Upon start up, the computer is in open loop (i.e. reading off of fuel tables for coolant temps, iat, throttle position, etc.). Upon reaching a set coolant temp (160 degrees for my mustang), it switches to closed loop and will rely on the maf and the 02 sensors to keep a/f at 14.7. Upon approximately 85% throttle, the computer goes back into open loop, and you get your commanded a/f and timing, but the MAF is still reading the air flow.

When you disconnect the maf, you get into the failed maf tables, which are different all together.
So if I disconnect the MAF I will get a CEL?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Z06, 08 Rover Sport, 03 Dmax, 13 Diavel
Originally Posted by Oliverk
You've got that the wrong way around. Upon start up, the computer is in open loop (i.e. reading off of fuel tables for coolant temps, iat, throttle position, etc.). Upon reaching a set coolant temp (160 degrees for my mustang), it switches to closed loop and will rely on the maf and the 02 sensors to keep a/f at 14.7. Upon approximately 85% throttle, the computer goes back into open loop, and you get your commanded a/f and timing, but the MAF is still reading the air flow.

When you disconnect the maf, you get into the failed maf tables, which are different all together.
yea, after i wrote that, i knew something didn't sound right... i forget how it went. thanks for clearing up the issues. i had to deal with mafs when i was building my supercharged suburban. i had a granatelli maf, sucked during boosting but fine at idle, but my stock one sucked at idle and fine during boost. its a love hate relationship, i have yet to fix...
Aj