Sponsored by:

No air in Center Vents

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 03:48 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W211 E63
No air in Center Vents

I know some other people have had this problem but I couldn't find the thread so I'm starting a new one.

I had an issue where I couldn't get air to blow in through the front center vent, the armrest box vents, and the rear passenger vents.

We at first though it might be some faulty flaps which would require taking the dash apart to fix, or a busted vacuum actuator in the engine bay which is pricey.

Turns out that while having my MAF replaced the tech noticed that the rubber hose that goes from the vacuum actuator to a small white pipe (just behind the MAF) that goes through the firewall was disconnected. Apparently MB makes the hose a touch too short and it can be easily loosed or removed especially if you have busted engine mounts and the engine shakes like mine did. The rubber hose is plentiful as the tech had a roll nearby, so rather than reconnect the old hose he cut a slightly longer than stock (3 inches more) piece and connected that instead.

Viola! Problem solved, cold air is flowing through the center vents again and I can now keep beverages icy cold in the arm rest box!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS
good tip!