Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kleemann SC, Header, TS6 wheel for sale on Ebay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...............It does look like the twin screw s/c to me. If it turns out to be the Roots type s/c then I stand corrected.

..........I don't think he is going to pull the trigger though.

Ted
I emailed the seller today and he responded immediately. It is a Eaton and not a Autorotor. The good part is that it's fairly new then but the bad part is that it's not a twin-screw. I just bought a used-twin screw from BillyBenz for $7K and was hoping that I don't get buyer's remorse.

The kit should contain the Heat Exchanger, Pump, hoses, Airbox, Resevior, FMU and possibly fuel injectors and rails. When I sold my HPS kit, I included all of the above plus a completely Magnusson refreshed blower with new bearings, shafts, rotor packs, gaskets, etc...That's what the seller should do in this case in order to assure the buyer that there will be no headaches.

Btw...Will the 65mm Kleemann SC I bought from you fit this the twin-screw? Will that be too much boost for a C55 with 11:1 CR? Do I need to bore and stroke it out first? or wait until the Bi-Turbo project?

Last edited by AMGSC; 01-27-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
I finally got a respond from him, not to nice about it.

Here is what he said;

"dear AMG member who told you anything about an Airbox their ****ing with you Bro...
Why.. I didnt need to change no Airbox. YOU will Not need to either. Yer Stock air system is Best For Rain and **** like that U know. I will include some of my old parts like Hoses and used parts like this but you will need to Buy new small parts like this for yor new car. Im just giving them so you can Go and buy the same part. Easier For you. You will need the following because it is Not included for Full installation:
Intercooler (small one fits right in front of the radiator needed to keep Racing SC COOL) and the heat exchange pump. Wont cost more than $180.00 bucks. EVERYTHING else like Every original Bolt and screw 's is Included Gaskets and Fuel rail also Included.
Best Regards Charlie

- xclusivec818

Like I say, anyone who buy it will end up paying more in the end. I don't mind paying $9500 (tax free) for a new kit but the labor is crazy, if the installer agree on $3000 for labor and misc part than I'll let him do it. I think he want my business, he called me twice this week. He work work for a MBZ dealer so he have to talk to his boss. I'm trying to get him to do it on the side, bypass his boss.

I'll let you guy know how it goes.

Last edited by Peter_02AMG; 01-27-2008 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by AMGSC
I emailed the seller today and he responded immediately. It is a Eaton and not a Autorotor. The good part is that it's fairly new then but the bad part is that it's not a twin-screw. I just bought a used-twin screw from BillyBenz for $7K and was hoping that I don't get buyer's remorse.

The kit should contain the Heat Exchanger, Pump, hoses, Airbox, Resevior, FMU and possibly fuel injectors and rails. When I sold my HPS kit, I included all of the above plus a completely Magnusson refreshed blower with new bearings, shafts, rotor packs, gaskets, etc...That's what the seller should do in this case in order to assure the buyer that there will be no headaches.

Btw...Will the 65mm Kleemann SC I bought from you fit this the twin-screw? Will that be too much boost for a C55 with 11:1 CR? Do I need to bore and stroke it out first? or wait until the Bi-Turbo project?

...........It will appear from that picture that the 65mm pulley will fit both the twin screw and the eaton. It appears that the s/c pulley portion of the the two systems are identical. At 11:1 compression, your engine is likely to be at risk without proper tunning. Nothing we are trying to do is new. We just don't have the proper ability to tune. Like I keep saying, our major limitation is that we have not solved the engine tunning problem. No true custom ECU tunning exists, and no true stand alone engine management system exist for our cars. Yes, I know about the rumors, but NO ONE has a reproducible working system that you or I can benefit from. This is likely to hamper your turbo project as well. I would insist on actually having the stand alone engine management system installed first and have it working and demonstrably so for both fuel and timming before I pay for it AND before I sink money into a turbo project. If your tunner claims they can do it, then it shouldn't matter to them to do the stand alone first.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 01-27-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
German
oh man! do it !
Old 01-27-2008, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
My Kleemann SC is being installed by Victor and Vadim at VRP. They are co-located and partnering with Powerchip's western region group in Costa Mesa, CA. I have already paid Powerchip for the tuning on either the Kleemann or need to pay a bit more for the Bi-Turbo adjustments. Vadim is advising and overseeing the Bi-Turbo project if the Kleemann does not push me over 460rwhp.

If the Kleemann does with your 65mm smaller pulley, 80mm TB, VRUS Airbox, UDP and Powerchip's custom tuning then I will stop there. If not then I will re-sell my Kleemann. Either way I will start a thread posting the Kleemann Dyno results and then decide whether to go forth with the Bi-Turbo project.

So do you think Powerchip and VRP can handle a Bi-Turbo or even a modified Kleemann setup with success? Just want to make sure I'm in good hands. Is the tuning THAT difficult on our cars?
...............with Vadim, you are in as good a hand as there is. FYI, I had 450WHP and 500LBft of torque all dyno documented in my w210 E55 with Kleemanmn blower and additional mods before my latest set of mods. So I think your 460WHP target is quite reacheable, but not from blower alone. Stock Kleemann blower set up will get you about 400WHP.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 01-27-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...............with Vadim, you are in as good a hand as there is. FYI, I had 450WHP and 500LBft of torque all dyno documented in my w210 E55 with Kleemanmn blower and additional mods before my latest set of mods. So I think your 460WHP target is quite reacheable, but not from blower alone. Stock Kleemann blower set up will get you about 400WHP.

Ted
Thanks Ted. The stock Kleemann blower that yields 400whp is the Eaton right? I've got the Kleemann Twin-Screw/Autorotor, headers, cams and cats along with eveything else already installed plus the 80mm TB, New Airbox, 65mm SC pulley. I'm really curious how this turns out by end of this week. Otherwise, the Kleemann twin-screw kit will be up for sale soon.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Thanks Ted. The stock Kleemann blower that yields 400whp is the Eaton right? I've got the Kleemann Twin-Screw/Autorotor, headers, cams and cats along with eveything else already installed plus the 80mm TB, New Airbox, 65mm SC pulley. I'm really curious how this turns out by end of this week. Otherwise, the Kleemann twin-screw kit will be up for sale soon.
............the 400WHP is for the twin screw kit, but you hve additional mods to push you towads your 460RWHP mark. Your car also has 11.5:1 compression. Mine had 10.5:1 compression when I got the 450RWHP. Now it has 8.5:1.

........Why 460RWHP as a requiremnt? Blackbenz's car I think has about 400WHP and he is running low 11's. I think the tune is very important, so is weight etc. You know all this already.

Ted
Old 01-28-2008, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 55
kleemann on ebay

seller does not have complete kit so buyer beware.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
told you it to good to be true
Old 01-28-2008, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG
told you it to good to be true
..........in fairness to the seller, I'm not sure you can really have a complete system for re-sale. Stuff light boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator and fuel rail won't be present. I thnk so long as you do what JamE55 suggested and get list of what you need in addition to what is being sold you should be fine. The TS6 wheels alone are $3-4K. I think it is a very reasonable price.

.........The problem here is not that the kit is incomplete. If you are going to step into this arena you need to be pretty resorceful. Finding misssing parts to complete an almost complete Kleemann s/c system will be no problem for you if you already have the personality for this type of madness. This degree of aftermarket modification is extensive and can be all consuming. You need to be certain you want to plunge into this, otherwise stay away. If you decide to take the plunge you'll find that it takes a lot of time effort and dedication not to mention costs. This will be my warning for the potential buyer.

Ted