Sponsored by:

Day one with my new E55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 05:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001: Supercharged E55 AMG
Day one with my new E55 AMG

I pick it up yesterday from the seller. And I actually don't have any words to describe the feelings I have for this car AMAZING isn't good enough!!

What a fantastic car to drive, run so smooth but can turn into a lion if you floor it. Incredible road performance yet really comfortable and quiet. And the torque

I think I'm totally in love with car after only one day. REALLY looking forward to the spring and summer now If only "jimmythegreek" will ship those amazing 19" wheels to me I have a car for life

Magnus
Old 02-24-2008, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by ABALONE
I pick it up yesterday from the seller. And I actually don't have any words to describe the feelings I have for this car AMAZING isn't good enough!!

What a fantastic car to drive, run so smooth but can turn into a lion if you floor it. Incredible road performance yet really comfortable and quiet. And the torque

I think I'm totally in love with car after only one day. REALLY looking forward to the spring and summer now If only "jimmythegreek" will ship those amazing 19" wheels to me I have a car for life

Magnus
Now go get your software done and you'll really like the car!
Old 02-24-2008, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E63S AMG & 2013 GLK350
Congrats, looks nice from your other post. I've only had mine a few weeks now so I know how your feeling

Steve
Old 02-24-2008, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Now go get your software done and you'll really like the car!

Hehe, thats dangerous to my wallet I don't really know what you guys are doing with you E55 AMG's when you tune them? I would really like to hear some thoughts of what I might want to do with it in the future?
Old 02-24-2008, 01:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
moon buggy
Originally Posted by ABALONE
I pick it up yesterday from the seller.

If only "jimmythegreek" will ship those amazing 19" wheels to me I have a car for life

Magnus

Congratulations on the car.

re: Jimmy's wheels, Get in line buddy...
Old 02-24-2008, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by ob1kenobi
Congratulations on the car.

re: Jimmy's wheels, Get in line buddy...
Hehe, we'll see

How much are 4 of those DPE wheels if I should import then from USA instead? And best dealer who does oversea shippings??

Magnus
Old 02-25-2008, 01:45 AM

'99 E55 AMG
Thumbs up

So you really are impressed with your new E55? I mentioned before on this forum that I've had the privledge to own over 40 cars in my 50 yr life...many high performance European cars...some American muscle cars...but NO car that does it all as good as this fine machine!

I am looking forward to the longest relationship I've ever had with a car (previous to this car it was only 3-4 yrs!)...
I am 6 ft 4 in and I fit very well in this car, the seats are terrific, the Bose sound system is great, the engine is super powerful, the ride quality is superb for a sports sedan...I just don't have any complaints?

I think you will find the same reasons I have listed here, good reasons for you to enjoy your new E55 for quite some time! Since I only have 74k miles on mine...I hope I can get another 50k or so out of it before it really requires work....that would buy me 4 yrs of service...

Then the problem will be...what can I replace it with? All the new E55 and E63 AMG sedans are not reliable these days....the horror stories the Mercedes Benz service manager told me about the W211 cars would make you run from one....if you got it for free!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mfte55black
So you really are impressed with your new E55? I mentioned before on this forum that I've had the privledge to own over 40 cars in my 50 yr life...many high performance European cars...some American muscle cars...but NO car that does it all as good as this fine machine!

I am looking forward to the longest relationship I've ever had with a car (previous to this car it was only 3-4 yrs!)...
I am 6 ft 4 in and I fit very well in this car, the seats are terrific, the Bose sound system is great, the engine is super powerful, the ride quality is superb for a sports sedan...I just don't have any complaints?

I think you will find the same reasons I have listed here, good reasons for you to enjoy your new E55 for quite some time! Since I only have 74k miles on mine...I hope I can get another 50k or so out of it before it really requires work....that would buy me 4 yrs of service...

Then the problem will be...what can I replace it with? All the new E55 and E63 AMG sedans are not reliable these days....the horror stories the Mercedes Benz service manager told me about the W211 cars would make you run from one....if you got it for free!
Nice story,thanks for sharing

I've also heard a few bad things about the W211, but I can't say either yes or no, but I hope it's a great car too.

Mine has only 60000 KM or 37000 miles on it, so I guess this one can stay with me for quite a long time

I know it's all about taste, but I prefer the looks of the W210 E55 compared to the newer W211 E55, more of a classic look on on W210 IMHO
Old 02-25-2008, 03:05 PM

TBD
I see that you are looking to get new rims...if you do I'd be interested in those chromes...provided the shipping doesn't kill me!
Old 02-25-2008, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rex Kwon Do
I see that you are looking to get new rims...if you do I'd be interested in those chromes...provided the shipping doesn't kill me!
Sad to say, but I shipped a guitar to US last year, and that actually killed the buyer with the high cost from Sweden, and a guitar is quite light compared to 4 sets of wheels+tires
Old 02-25-2008, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
There's a line but ABALONE is the runner up at the moment, hehe...