Newbie with 2002 E55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
Where are you located? I was worried about removing the cats due to smog emmissions...I'm glad you like the sound, I think the car should have come that way from the factory. It sounds perfect now doesn't it!
Jimmy , I recently moved from New York To Miami!!! Now I have better roads to drive that baby ( once I figure out what to do about the disappointing H&Rs!
Removing the secondarys had no effect on the car at all, except shedding weight and allowing me to put the X pipe closer to where it should be. Yes the car should have sounded that way from the start, I have a smile on my face every time I get into the car. I also finally installed the AMS pulley, so all these effects came in all a once....NOW HEADERS! Cheers!
Max
Old 04-11-2008, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally Posted by maxwerks
Jimmy , I recently moved from New York To Miami!!! Now I have better roads to drive that baby ( once I figure out what to do about the disappointing H&Rs!
Removing the secondarys had no effect on the car at all, except shedding weight and allowing me to put the X pipe closer to where it should be. Yes the car should have sounded that way from the start, I have a smile on my face every time I get into the car. I also finally installed the AMS pulley, so all these effects came in all a once....NOW HEADERS! Cheers!
Max
Sorry for the off-topic guys but GO WITH EIBACH PROS!!! You'll love them, or at least I did, lol...
Old 04-15-2008, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 E300D/05 MINI COOPER S/08 SCREAMIN EAGLE ULTRA CLASSIC
Originally Posted by michakaveli
Still keeping the diesel for commuting duties I hope :-)
The diesel is the wife's car, the only time I get to drive it is when it time for a refill (@ $3.95 per gallon). I rotate between the Mini Cooper, the Ford Ranger, and the Harley. The E55 will probable replace the Cooper causing me to spend more time on the Harley. That diesel is on low maintenance vehicle. Will keep it forever.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
Yes, definately remove the resonator and install x-pipe. Leave the cats. on if you're worried about smog. The sound will be amazing, you will love it! Do a search in here and you'll see pics. and details on what to buy...
You know after riding that Harley I appreciate good sounds. The X-pipe will probable be my first modification. What is is the gain in power & torque?

I wish I could have been lucky enough to have gotten your old E55. All I would have to do is put in 93 obt. gasoline.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E300
Originally Posted by hafabd0
The diesel is the wife's car, the only time I get to drive it is when it time for a refill (@ $3.95 per gallon). I rotate between the Mini Cooper, the Ford Ranger, and the Harley. The E55 will probable replace the Cooper causing me to spend more time on the Harley. That diesel is on low maintenance vehicle. Will keep it forever.
Is the diesel you have a turbo or non-turbo, as '97 MY didn't have a turbo model....
Old 04-16-2008, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by michakaveli
Is the diesel you have a turbo or non-turbo, as '97 MY didn't have a turbo model....
No the 97 model is a non-turbo. Turbo's were only offered in the 98 & 99 year models. I paid $23500 in 03 for this one and the turbo's were much higher with the same or simular mileage.