MB E55 W210

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 540i M-Sport
MB E55 W210

Hi Gents,

I'm new to the MBWorld and I have never owned a Mercedes-Benz. I'm looking to buy a E55 W210, which i've heard through friends are fantastic cars. Can any of you guide me as to what to look out for, vintage (year), mileage?

Also, I was told that the interior was upgraded at some point - which year did this take place?

Thank you for your time and knowledge!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:31 PM

MB
2000+ is the face lifted model. New front clip, revised side skirts and rear bumper & lights, updated interior, and a number of added amenities too, including TouchShift trans feature... See mine for some references on my website (see sig for link). 1999 models are nice too, btw. So nothing really wrong with either - depends on your preference and budget.

Examples:

1999 look (this one has diff wheels from stock)

2000-2002 look (stock Monoblock AMG rims)
Old 09-12-2008, 01:27 PM

BMW 540i M-Sport
Thanks

Thanks for the clarification. Any issues with the W210 that I should be mindful of when purchasing? Mileage concerns beyond "less is better"?
Old 09-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Esh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
You might want to do a search in the forums. There are a ton of inquiries on this.

Probably the #1 thing you should do, no matter what, is get a PPI. That is, pay for a high-end shop to do a pre-purchase inspection of the vehicle. Research the shop and get a copy of their PPI sheet. If all looks good, get a PPI there. At the conclusion, thank the owner, let him drive off. Then get a written quote from the shop detailing everything they see that may need repaired.

They should be able to give you the % left on brakes/tires and estimated time before they are replaced. They should also be able to tell you of any leaks or gaskets that might need to be replaced. Then, decide if it's worth negotiating for and use what the quote said to negotiate with.

Good luck on your potential purchase.