crash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008 | 03:49 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 E55 AMG
crash

hi guys,
worst day of my life happened 7 months ago. was driving home at 3 in the morning and a 17 yr old in his dads porsche with no license and drinkin ran a red light and hit me. the front of the car was smashed but luckily no engine damage.
the chassis was bent slightly and the front pillars, bumper, hood and radiator needed to be replaced and its taken a while but shes back together.
ive got a normal e class bumper on her now and the engine is perfect again.
ive also got an amg bumper ready to rock back home which ill finish over christmas and put back on the car.
ive got a few kinks to work out to get her back in original condition:
steering wheel motor was dislodged in the crash and needs to be sorted
i need to replace the stock light with new black lighs which i had before
paint the new front grill
put together the amg bumper and paint and install
sort out the parking sensors on the front to install on the amg bumper
install the crystal side indicators and paint the covers

ive also just got new K&N air filters, a sprint booster and new bits to install so ill give you guys a run through of the new upgrades and tell you how they work.

also i need to buy new wheels as my dad has stolen my 19" black AMG alloys and put them on his white 2003 SL55AMG! right now shes sitting on 17" dirty multi spoke sl alloys. nasty

if anyone has had a bang can they explain any problems and solutions they came accros in the repair stages?

pics uploaded are of before crash, in the workshop and after workshop while i still had my wheels before dad got his hands on them
Old 12-14-2008 | 03:54 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 E55 AMG
pics dont work. theyre going onto my cardomain website soon its:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3051115
Old 12-14-2008 | 04:42 PM

2008 W211 E63
Sorry to hear about that rikkie. yours was one of the more interesting projects on this forum. I hope things go better for you.
Old 12-14-2008 | 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
Sorry to hear about your accident but I am glad you like the car enough to put it back together. I am truly sorry truly sorry to hear about the Chassis, just make sure it it dead straight again, thats one of the most important issues in any car after an accident, far more crucial than body panels .
Take care.
Old 12-14-2008 | 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
+1... good luck !

Originally Posted by maxwerks
Sorry to hear about your accident but I am glad you like the car enough to put it back together. I am truly sorry truly sorry to hear about the Chassis, just make sure it it dead straight again, thats one of the most important issues in any car after an accident, far more crucial than body panels .
Take care.
Old 12-17-2008 | 05:51 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 E55 AMG
well im back in dubai now. The chassis is perfect. did it using a laser measurer at the merc garage here. perfect condition.
will update the cardmain and show you guys the damage and repairs
also will update as soon as i get the upgrades into her so you guys can know what they are like