Sponsored by:

Voice recognition?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 EVO X GSR
Voice recognition?

If you have nav, you have command, right? and if you have command, do you have voice recognition? My 01 came without the owners manual or any manuals about anything...

Someone told me the stock on the right of the wheel with, I guess a microphone on it, looks to me like a torch, but that it was for the voice activation where as you could pull it and say " CD 4 Track 2" and it would do so...

If this is all so, then mine doesn't work...

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
With the key on pull the VC lever back it will have a loud Beep if so fitted and working ...If the beep is there say function or help and it will walk you through the system...

If Not working check the VC control unit in the trunk for connection it will also have fiber optic lines going to it they are orange in color
Old 01-08-2009, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E430, Obsidian Black w. Ash/Orion Grey, 195,000 mi.
Originally Posted by greg12m3
If you have nav, you have command, right? and if you have command, do you have voice recognition? My 01 came without the owners manual or any manuals about anything...

Someone told me the stock on the right of the wheel with, I guess a microphone on it, looks to me like a torch, but that it was for the voice activation where as you could pull it and say " CD 4 Track 2" and it would do so...

If this is all so, then mine doesn't work...

Thanks!
You can have the optional voice recognition (VCS, voice control system) whether you have nav/command or not. You are correct that the stalk on the right side of the steering column is for the VCS but the microphone is in the roof near the rear view mirror. You might want to look on ebay for a used VCS manual. I've seen them for sale there. If you can't get it to work, you may need a new module, which is mounted in the trunk behind the trim on the driver's side. There's an ebay seller, "cellguy85" that has VCS modules for sale. Do an ebay search for that user name.

Fred