<<< W210 E55 AMG Stage 2 Group Buy >>>

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by MR888
Hmm, high flow secondary cats add 10HP? I cut out my secondarys and put straight pipes, would that add the same amount?
Actually, 2nd Cat delete makes even more power as proven here by Hooley with his 2nd cat delete on his C55. He made about 13HP / 19TQ. But high flow cats do have some restriction still so they make about 10HP / 12TQ. Both were measured on Dyno Dynamics dynos (the most accurate loading dynos).

For this reason direct bolt on shorty headers + high flow secondaries is a much better (and more legal) route to take compared to long tube headers which cost much much more and are also 100% illegal to run because they delete the primary catalytic converters.

I personally recommend getting high flow 2nd cats vs. 2nd cat delete because its not worth the extra few HP and sacrifice being street legal. In addition, the exhaust note actually sounds better with high flow cats vs. straight pipes because it allows more sound & bass to come through without any of the raspiness or droning that can happen with straight pipes (plus the legality factor as well, might as well stay street legal and help out the environment too).

Here is the link for proof:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...oved-dyno.html

Hope that helps,
~AMS~
Old 04-18-2009, 02:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by AMS Performance
Actually, 2nd Cat delete makes even more power as proven here by Hooley with his 2nd cat delete on his C55. He made about 13HP / 19TQ. But high flow cats do have some restriction still so they make about 10HP / 12TQ. Both were measured on Dyno Dynamics dynos (the most accurate loading dynos).

For this reason direct bolt on shorty headers + high flow secondaries is a much better (and more legal) route to take compared to long tube headers which cost much much more and are also 100% illegal to run because they delete the primary catalytic converters.

I personally recommend getting high flow 2nd cats vs. 2nd cat delete because its not worth the extra few HP and sacrifice being street legal. In addition, the exhaust note actually sounds better with high flow cats vs. straight pipes because it allows more sound & bass to come through without any of the raspiness or droning that can happen with straight pipes (plus the legality factor as well, might as well stay street legal and help out the environment too).

Here is the link for proof:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...oved-dyno.html

Hope that helps,
~AMS~
I am actully located in a province that has no Emissions testing so I could run any setup legally. Very nice numbers though, but im not sure if I felt a difference really in power or sound.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Originally Posted by MR888
I am actully located in a province that has no Emissions testing so I could run any setup legally. Very nice numbers though, but im not sure if I felt a difference really in power or sound.
The power gain is at all rpms, so it can be a bit deceptive b/c no portion of the power band is more powerful in relation to another compared to before but the entire power band has increased. The power is there and it has been tested on a dyno multiple times so you are definitely making more power. hope that helps.

~AMS~
Old 04-19-2009, 10:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 S450 4Matic, 2015 G550
Hi all I have installed an AMS crank pulley about 1 yr ago and drove for about 12000km after that and even when it was first on I notice it has a little wobbling going on. After a year now after reading many stories about crank pulley wobbling problem I am just wondering if mine is normal. I had a new pin and new rubber gasket when putting it on a year ago and a new belt was put on about 5 months ago. Here I took 2 videos of the pulley running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rK-WpLvGr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRyO8DAg3R4

belt usually squeals when I first start the car in the morning and goes away after about 5 mins or when start driving it. both old and new belt is OEM

this is on a 2000 E55

Last edited by msiumng; 04-19-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Hello Msiumng,

I responded in your other thread, no need to post twice. Everything is completely normal and looking healthy. All the crank pulleys due that due to normal crank deflection, its nothing to be concerned about, stock one and even renntech and other crank pulleys do that. Thanks

~AMS~