seafoamed my e55 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
00 e55
seafoamed my e55 today

Ok so I attempted to seafoam my 00 e55 with 106k mi
figured there might be plenty of carbon build up.
Disconnected vacuum line from brake booster, while car idling pored 1/3 of can, shut off car for 10 mi. Restarted , zero smoke car runs crappy for first few minutes, check engine light is on. Took it for a drive stepped on it , big cloud of smoke came out, after that zero smoke. I pored another 1/3 can in waited 20mi this time, restarted zero smoke again and after driving the hell out of it, no smoke.
Anyone attempted this on their e55?
maybe it does not work so well through the brake booster line on these cars or what? I don't believe that there is that little carbon build up.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
The smoke is normal, that means its working but honestly you don't really need to do it that way on the E55s.... just put it in the gas tank and it will do most of the work.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:21 PM

00 e55
Originally Posted by AMS Performance
The smoke is normal, that means its working but honestly you don't really need to do it that way on the E55s.... just put it in the gas tank and it will do most of the work.
In the gas tank will only work on fuel injectors but will not do anything for top of the engine such as valves and stuff.. correct me if im wrong
Old 04-11-2009, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Originally Posted by amgalex
In the gas tank will only work on fuel injectors but will not do anything for top of the engine such as valves and stuff.. correct me if im wrong
Lots of gas company are advertising that their gas clean valve and cylinder head etc..like chevron with techron. Shell just launches Nitrogen-Enriched Gas, seen it on TV. Seaform is like a super concentration of these stuff. I would think they do something or why make such claim.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:42 PM

00 e55
Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG
Lots of gas company are advertising that their gas clean valve and cylinder head etc..like chevron with techron. Shell just launches Nitrogen-Enriched Gas, seen it on TV. Seaform is like a super concentration of these stuff. I would think they do something or why make such claim.
Well Im not a technician but from my limited knowledge I did not think that much of fuel additives get on intake and exhaust valves to be able to clean them I could be wrong though.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG

Thats incorrect, The gas tank method also works in fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel rails, injectors, and valve. After using seafoam a few times, I pulled part my C36 head & engine... it was literally spotless after using seafoam through the normal gas tank method. All you have to do is run higher concentrations (full bottle for half tank of gas, or two bottles for a full tank of gas). The results speak for themselves.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
I was once told from one of my old Indy shops to run 2 Bottles of Techron every Oil change and your car will love you in return. **quote on quote buy a Box**

Is Techron still a good brand or should I switch to something else that's better for Benzo's?

AMS?...input

-Armani
Old 04-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Originally Posted by armaniE55
I was once told from one of my old Indy shops to run 2 Bottles of Techron every Oil change and your car will love you in return. **quote on quote buy a Box**

Is Techron still a good brand or should I switch to something else that's better for Benzo's?

AMS?...input

-Armani

Hello Armani,

Techron is great stuff. I only recommend Chevron w/ Techron gas (as do most mercedes dealerships to customers you have had issues with poor gas quality). But there is no real need to buy the bottles if you use Chevron gas regularly. Seafoam is many times more powerful than techron though. So for everyday use, just use chevron techron gas, and then once every 3000miles use a can of seafoam in the gas tank to keep things extra clean. You don't need to use it any more then that really. When you run the seafoam run the car hard to really get it through the system and get most of the gunk out, other then that its pretty self explanatory. No need to use it via the vacuum method and we do not recommend it in the crank case.

hope that helps.
~AMS~
Old 04-11-2009, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55, 2002 ML55, 2002 SL500, 2003 CLK55
I've heard conflicting info on Chevron gas with Techron.
I was told once by a chemist at one of the oil companies a while back that if your car is free from carbon deposits that Chevron gas will not be the cause of deposits. But it will not remove existing deposits, only Techron additive from the bottles will. Also, Techron is supposed to be a proprietary additive specific to Chevron. I was also told to add Techron a thousand or two miles before changing your oil. Something about oil dilution.
Also remember that there's a difference between "Techron" additive and the fuel injector cleaners "with" Techron that Chevron sells.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Originally Posted by rennwerkes
I've heard conflicting info on Chevron gas with Techron.
I was told once by a chemist at one of the oil companies a while back that if your car is free from carbon deposits that Chevron gas will not be the cause of deposits. But it will not remove existing deposits, only Techron additive from the bottles will. Also, Techron is supposed to be a proprietary additive specific to Chevron. I was also told to add Techron a thousand or two miles before changing your oil. Something about oil dilution.
Also remember that there's a difference between "Techron" additive and the fuel injector cleaners "with" Techron that Chevron sells.

The Only difference is the concentration of techron, that's it. For keeping the car running clean techron gas is all you need.

bottom line: Seafoam >>>> Techron.

They aren't even in the same category when it comes to cleaning power, seafoam really is some of the strongest stuff out there.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by AMS Performance
Thats incorrect, The gas tank method also works in fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel rails, injectors, and valve. After using seafoam a few times, I pulled part my C36 head & engine... it was literally spotless after using seafoam through the normal gas tank method. All you have to do is run higher concentrations (full bottle for half tank of gas, or two bottles for a full tank of gas). The results speak for themselves.
Out of curiosity, how do you know your c36 head & engine wasn't spotless prior to Seafoam? I am not trying to knock the product, but it seems people are split regarding its validity.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:46 PM

00 e55
UPDATE:
guys I'm either imagining things or its true. The tapping noise that is so common in these cars that sounds like lifters sticking or something is about 50% gone after seafoming my car 3 times....
fingers crossed that noise wont come back
Old 04-15-2009, 12:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Originally Posted by fangtl
Out of curiosity, how do you know your c36 head & engine wasn't spotless prior to Seafoam? I am not trying to knock the product, but it seems people are split regarding its validity.
Because right where the injector nozzle sprays is a clear difference from black sooty to completely 100% clean, its night & day difference. Plus, there were zero deposits on the valves of any kind; they were spotless (as were the piston tops), almost unheard of for a car with 80k+ miles.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:32 PM

C63AMG
SeaFoam Smoke

Ok so I attempted to seafoam my 00 e55 with 106k mi
figured there might be plenty of carbon build up.
Disconnected vacuum line from brake booster, while car idling pored 1/3 of can, shut off car for 10 mi. Restarted , zero smoke car runs crappy for first few minutes, check engine light is on. Took it for a drive stepped on it , big cloud of smoke came out, after that zero smoke. I pored another 1/3 can in waited 20mi this time, restarted zero smoke again and after driving the hell out of it, no smoke.
Anyone attempted this on their e55?
maybe it does not work so well through the brake booster line on these cars or what? I don't believe that there is that little carbon build up.
I've never not gotten 3-5 minutes of pure beautiful white cloud out of any of my cars when treating with SeaFoam. Introduce it into the intake manifold via vacuum line or directly into intake ducting ahead of the throttle body while engine running. I use half a can while engine is idling, then shutdown, wait about 5 minutes, restart engine. Works great, beautiful billowing clouds of pure white smoke for up to five minutes. Final result, engine purrs smooth as silk and is very responsive to throttle inputs. Luv that stuff.......