Sponsored by:

best engine management unit for e55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
99 model w210 e55 amg
best engine management unit for e55?

hi guys! whats the best aftermarket ecu or engine management unit for our w210 e55 amg? something that we can use tune the car. is there one available or is evrthing else reflash or chipped? thanks
Old 05-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Esh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
Originally Posted by pinoyk20
hi guys! whats the best aftermarket ecu or engine management unit for our w210 e55 amg? something that we can use tune the car. is there one available or is evrthing else reflash or chipped? thanks
Every day a new question just like this one. I think it's time for you to run a search for things before starting a new thread. Remember keywords. You will find just about everything you need or want to know.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Esh
Every day a new question just like this one. I think it's time for you to run a search for things before starting a new thread. Remember keywords. You will find just about everything you need or want to know.
+1 agreed either search or bunch all your questions into one damn post
Old 05-03-2009, 03:16 PM

2001: Supercharged E55 AMG
Hey, don't be so hard on the guy If everyone used the search buttom this section would be really dead Even though a search can be handy, i personally like when people ask questions cause sometimes the answers in the search field can be a bit old and a fresh update can be what we all need cause there always going to be new members with each to their own experiences

JMHO
The following users liked this post:
UberJoe (01-06-2023)
Old 05-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Honest opinion... do software last. Change a lot of the restrictive power robbing hardware first, then do software at the end.

Edit: We do software, but honestly most of our business is improving hardware because software really doesn't do that much on these 5.5L AMGs, their ECUs are so adaptive that they can adjust to most performance modifications. However, ECU tunes are only available in continental USA, no international ECU retunes simply because the risks of shipping ECU overseas and getting lost are too high so its really not worth it, better to get it done domestically.

Last edited by AMS Performance; 05-03-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Esh

E55
Originally Posted by ABALONE
Hey, don't be so hard on the guy If everyone used the search buttom this section would be really dead Even though a search can be handy, i personally like when people ask questions cause sometimes the answers in the search field can be a bit old and a fresh update can be what we all need cause there always going to be new members with each to their own experiences

JMHO
Thank you Abalone, I'll try not to be harsh. I just think an active search combined with a new thread post would do wonders. For instance, when asking about exhaust, if you do a search you get Eismann, X-pipe mod, etc...

When you do a search for engine software/tuning you get AMS, Sprint Booster (although it isn't engine software), etc... By doing a search and then starting a topic saying that you've read this about this or you see a lot of different brands such as x out there, has anyone come across anything new, or what are your opinions on these.

I think this approach would be much better than simply throwing a hundred different question threads out there with little or no reasearch. I've been a part of many car/truck forums and the W210 AMG is one of the more rare cars I've owned. Forums can get clogged with the question "I'm looking into buying this, what are some common issues to look for. What is maintenance like. What is the best." At least on this forum there aren't 2 pages worth of new or recently posted threads to look at every day.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55, 2002 ML55, 2002 SL500, 2003 CLK55

JMHO
+1
But with reservations.
While there are the everyday questions that pop up like transmission servicing there are other questions that are helpful if revisited sometimes.
Most of us have to admit that we usually only look at the new posts that pop up.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:41 PM

99 model w210 e55 amg
thanks so much guys! and im very sorry guys cuase i tried searching already but as abalone said the thread are like years old already. im looking for new updates on stuff like this guys. i would like to know if motec will work on our car??? thanks! since im from philippines and there only like 7 of us who owns e55s here its really hard to get infos about our cars overhere so your answers to evrypost is like treasure to us! thanks so much for the help guys!!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Esh

E55
Originally Posted by pinoyk20
thanks so much guys! and im very sorry guys cuase i tried searching already but as abalone said the thread are like years old already. im looking for new updates on stuff like this guys. i would like to know if motec will work on our car??? thanks! since im from philippines and there only like 7 of us who owns e55s here its really hard to get infos about our cars overhere so your answers to evrypost is like treasure to us! thanks so much for the help guys!!
No worries, I'm actually glad these topics are coming up, just got frustrated back there. Maybe we can put together a compiled list somewhere of vendors and the mods they offer.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

JMHO
+1 I personally run a search prior to posting a new thread "but" I still like to start a new thread as "It's New" things always change maybe someone came up with a new idea or tried this/that and it didn't work.

Need to Keep W210 AMG /// Forum Alive !
Old 05-04-2009, 11:05 AM

99 model w210 e55 amg
anyone everheard of upsolute chip??? theres a shop offering this rechip program he said the program will be coming from germany.....and can add up to 10hp
Old 05-04-2009, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
Do you not know what the search does? I'm looking here on this sub forum and see 14 questions all in different threads. And they are all simple questions that have been answered time and time again....

There no I feel better
Old 05-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Esh

E55
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
Do you not know what the search does? I'm looking here on this sub forum and see 14 questions all in different threads. And they are all simple questions that have been answered time and time again....

There no I feel better
+1 that's what I've been trying to say