Sponsored by:

ESP Warning came on???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001: Supercharged E55 AMG
ESP Warning came on???

Was on the way home yesterday and then pling and a fail code came up and the BAS/ESP light was turned on.

On the big display it said ESP had a failure

BUT the strange thing was that the engine got stuck and started oscillate (is that the right word?) between 1000-1200 Rpm and it didn't respond to gas or anything so i was lucky to find a small little place so i could just let it roll of the road.
And i thought there was a airleak or something on the intake cause the engine should start acting strange just cause the ESP has a failure right?

Couldn't find anything so i turned the car off and the problem disapperad. Car drove just like before.

But after 20 minutes the same procedure happend again So i turn off the engine and i could start the car again and made it home

I've read the thread about the brake switch? But that shouldn't make the car act strange in the engine,or???

And why does it say ESP failure on the big display and not BAS failure?

Let me know your thoughts before i take it to a MB work shop.

// Mag
Old 06-16-2009, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Had this ABS/BAS lights pop up and warnings on big screen also, I changed the brake switch and it never happened again, cheapest start... try it before anything else, also I had a similer problem where I am driving about 60km/hr press gas and the engine just revvs without accelerating, but I restarted the car and it never happened again.

hmmm, 540HP? that is nice

Last edited by MR888; 06-16-2009 at 05:46 AM.