W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Addiction 210 E55 - Rotora's. K/W's, VRP, Phantom Grip and more..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
So would you sum that up as wear and tear or a bum phantomgrip unit?

I strongly considered PG as an option rebuilding my car this winter, would like to know more about it. Its defenitly less coin than the quaife unit, I was excited to see people mentioning $499.00 ballpark. hmmmmm..
Old 09-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any AMG Thats Around..
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance

I strongly considered PG as an option rebuilding my car this winter, would like to know more about it. Its defenitly less coin than the quaife unit, I was excited to see people mentioning $499.00 ballpark. hmmmmm..
i dont want to knock the PG.... I want to add that this dude has 400+ lbs of stereo crap in his trunk... Maybe the ride height was too low, and put more strain on the axles?
Old 09-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance

Are you talking about the PG being $499? Because you can get the Quaife for a W210 application for $700.00 now. Only caveat is the install which is probably going to cost around the same or less. I've been running the K branded PG and have had no problem whatsoever.

Originally Posted by TuneTime
i dont want to knock the PG.... I want to add that this dude has 400+ lbs of stereo crap in his trunk... Maybe the ride height was too low, and put more strain on the axles?
That could very well maybe. The PG once installed shouldn't be spitting out axles etc.