Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

performance chip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roland

Thanks for your support, I saw it after I wrote my first reply.

The new KLEEMANN TS-6 wheels comes in sizes from 8,5 - 12" x 19 and 9-12" x 20.

It's not my taste with the extreem sizes as well, but it seems like a whole industri / sport in Germany for some people to get the widest possible rims on the cars.
Outside Germany nobody likes it, but then they can just get a 10"
or 10,5 at the rear.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Bilal

Lucas, did you already get your S60K? How is it?

BTW, Personally, from an enthusiasts point of view, and the fact that I have never driven an AMG car, (truth be told), It seems to me, that getting such quality tuning from an in house tuner, and with warranty, which here in the UK extends to 30 years, is an absolute astonishing prospect, and I keep thinking to myself, never buy anything which is not stock, not even Brabus rims!

But thats just me, I don't like kit up cars and anything not in-house classifies as this.

Ronald, you are in for a tough one!
Old 03-07-2003, 06:03 PM

Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R 230) and CLK 55 (W 209)
Originally posted by Lucas
I have no idea where you get your info from, but it seems to me you get it from press releases ect.ect., just remember AMG also have a product to sell and they try to make their products / developments into someting very special and unique for one reason... to sell cars.
I don't sell anything and actually spend a lot of money keeping projects like the AMG Owners Club running. But I get my info from AMG management, AMG test drivers and most of all from a close friend who develops the AMG Formula 1 safety cars who doesn't give me the official AMG opinion, but his own as an egineer and race driver.

I don't want you to stop tuning your cars or avoid superchargers. I just want to present a different opinion to help you make up your mind on your own. With 150+ German AMG Owners Club members, I had to see too many people being unhappy with the consequences of their tunings.

However, you can't deny the physical consequences of too much power. If it broke during AMG's and Mercedes-Benz's test programs, then I'm pretty sure it'll brake if some tuner does the same thing.

But like I said before: everybody has to decide for himself: It's your car, your money, your decision, your life. If you're happy, than I'm happy for you.

Ronald

PS: I'll be on vacation for two weeks starting tomorrow. I'll post more detailed answers once I get back. Until then: Enjoy your cars!
Old 03-07-2003, 06:06 PM

Bilal

Why do you wanna know, KLEEMANN is just a bunch of hicks from Denmark
Old 03-07-2003, 06:09 PM
Bilal

Well,

I mean I could have sounded a bit harsh, but after the specs, it had to be asked...

Happy Hols beach boy! I'm still waiting for your CLK!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2003, 07:08 PM

Bilal

I have had it since Sep. 02 before it could be bourght officially.
It will be sold within the next 2 weeks and repalced with one of the same kind.

It runs greeeeeeaaaaat

Roland.

I never wrote anything like you where selling anything.

I do not have a problem with a different oppinion, I would just appriciate ( and I thing other board members as well ) if these oppinions where backed up with some facts.
It's too easy to say " if you chip tune your car it will blow up in a year ", there are many different things you can program in an ECU
( the 600 biturbo have 1-1100 different maps ) and I agree you better choose the right maps to modify and I agree lots of tuners do a non acceptable job, but a lot of customers also go cheapest solution or you post that MB engines can't take the KLEEMANN compressor and MKB / Renntech are stronger engines, do you have any facts that KLEEMANN blow up engines, I haven't heard it
and I belive I would be the first to hear it.

Enjoy your holliday, will you go skiing ???