Aero II New's True/false

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2009 | 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

210 55
Aero II New's True/false

Hey falls!

Here is my question: Some pople here sayd the Aero II (8.5 x 18 & 9.5 x 18 factory E55's size) are OEM discontinued.. this is False or true?

I contact my vendor in miami & he tell me NOT! i can order that for 725$ P/U front & 758$ P/U rears! NEWS

What do you think guys?.

Other question! Some one here try the W211 E55 factory wheels in our cars?? Some pics please? maybe i trade y factorys & go for others in 18's

Fabio Daniel

Last edited by Fabio D; 10-10-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-11-2009 | 12:07 AM

W210 E55, W211 E3504M, E90 325i
I think just because they're discontinued doesn't mean there aren't replacement sets in various dealers and distributor's inventories
Old 10-12-2009 | 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

210 55
Ya this is true!.. But someone know if the Aero II stay in production yet?

Fabio Daniel
Old 10-12-2009 | 11:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
They are not in production anymore but shops still sell them. Even Tire rack said they were discontinued, what shops do is get one or two here and there that have scraped rim & etc, they will refurbish the wheel and sell it again as new. You can't even buy a full set of OEM aero IIs anymore (even from tire rack).

Reps are everywhere but have no ///AMG engraved
Old 10-13-2009 | 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

210 55
Exelent post AMS! thanks for share my friend!

Fabio Daniel
Old 10-13-2009 | 11:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Believe me I researched this to death b/c I wanted to buy a new OEM set... NOBODY had them anywhere, all were OEM refurbs or reps, but none new. Your best bet is getting a used set (or using your own), and just having them completely redone for $100-150 a wheel, they will look exactly like brand new wheels and should last even longer since the original wheels did not have the strongest finish.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-14-2009 | 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

210 55
Actually i search one set for a friend car! but i have some issues with mines too!

I reburfish mines & looks pretty clean beautiful & like OEM's, but the problem whenn you reburfish this wheels is the polish lip.. when i purchase the car have very scratchs in the lips, when the repair shop polish them remov the little machined lines (factory) & get a beautiful polish mirror surface "very likely & beautiful" but the clear film aplied after paint the wheel, do not stick very well in the polished lip surface you understand.. when you scratsh a little the clear coat the water filter in the site & start to remove the clear coat (all the painted surface looks beautiful) but some little points in the lip start to chip a little bits I I?M GOING CRAZY TO THAT

You have any solution for aply the clear coat to the polished lip!?

Fabio Daniel

Last edited by Fabio D; 10-14-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2009 | 11:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Hello Fabio,

The best solution in your case is to not paint the wheels but have them media blasted and then do a true silver powder coat. The silver powdercoat is much stronger and bonds with the actual metal surface itself instead of just sitting on top. You can then clear coat on top of that too for extra gloss, but the main coat is powder coat. Once coated, the wheels last almost the life of the car and are much more durable than primer/paint/clear coated wheels. Once you get that done, coat the wheels in a few layers of Nu Finish polymer (an old trick, its much more durable than wheel wax) and that will make them look new for years. Simply was the wheels with regular carnuba car wash solution and that will put a nice layer of protective wax on them every time you wash so brake dust will never stick to the wheel and eat into the coating.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-15-2009 | 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

210 55
Originally Posted by AMS Performance
Hello Fabio,

The best solution in your case is to not paint the wheels but have them media blasted and then do a true silver powder coat. The silver powdercoat is much stronger and bonds with the actual metal surface itself instead of just sitting on top. You can then clear coat on top of that too for extra gloss, but the main coat is powder coat. Once coated, the wheels last almost the life of the car and are much more durable than primer/paint/clear coated wheels. Once you get that done, coat the wheels in a few layers of Nu Finish polymer (an old trick, its much more durable than wheel wax) and that will make them look new for years. Simply was the wheels with regular carnuba car wash solution and that will put a nice layer of protective wax on them every time you wash so brake dust will never stick to the wheel and eat into the coating.

Hope that helps.
Exelent search buddy!! this is the solutions i like! i appreciate it very much ur help.. i'm going to start a search about the products & the proces, you understand i'm in a 3° world country whith an a M..... F...... president! & here anybody made the powder coat works.. YES you read good ANYBODY any workshop in that .... works with powder coat. but i go to ask some workshops if is possible. I inform you about any change my friend! thanks a lot by your time & your dedication.

Congrats on your kind products too ! i install your headers kit in an E430 of a friend, he tell me that purchase the headers by the web site & i'm surprised by your quality product! fit peeerfect in the car without any mod! i remove the primarys & install 300cel metal in the seconds. & i feel the difference in the car !i want to install them in my car too! but i need to win some $$$ for this i like it a lot

Thanks buddy

Fabio Daniel
Old 10-16-2009 | 12:49 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Hello Fabio,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our products. They have been receiving great reviews from many of our customers and that makes us very happy to hear. A happy customer is the best reward here at AMs.

Sure thing, Let us know when you are ready to purchase any of our products and your order will be processed promptly. Good luck with your search.

~AMS~
Old 10-16-2009 | 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

210 55
Tnx a lot buddy i comment about any news!

Fabio Daniel