W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ONE MORE TRY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 W210 E55, CLK 63, S65, Infinity Qx56, Taurus SHO - all heavy moded, Porsche Cayenne Turbo stock
And now I have 2 fully built W210 E55s ))))))))))))))))))))))))))
one is silver with CF hood and spoiler and one is black

My silver one has Kleeman Autorotor (waiting to install smaller puley, right now its still a 75mm), Rotora 6/4 brakes - very simular to the Brembos, KW Stage 2 coilovers - let's see how they compare to the Peters HR/Blistein, VRP headers and airbox with B&M, xpipe, high flow primariels, removed secondaries, large SC radiator, Quafe LSD - going to install it on Peters car as well as I can't live without LSD, cople other little ods and ends. I also getting a set of ported headers, big throttle body and VRP cams for one of them to turn it in to a total monster and keep second one for a daily/more relaiable driving. I probably continue pushing my siver one forward as a crazy one as it has SC gen 1 and therefore more potential. I probably also put larger injectors on the monster one and DBX electronic MAFs on the bouth of them and dynotyne with Victor at VRP. Also got a front and rear strut ties for bouth of the cars.
My silver one also has a built in radar/laser jammer and bunch of gauges as a part of CarPC I have in it. I would probably move really good audio system from siver in to the black one to lose 150 lbs ))) as cam's would not really let me to enjoy the sound
Old 01-10-2010, 06:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001: Supercharged E55 AMG
Lcat -->

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICS or it didn't happen

Congrats on two nice AMG's!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:25 PM

99 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by ABALONE
Lcat -->

hahahaha!

How's the E55 doing, Abalone?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:12 AM

2 W210 E55, CLK 63, S65, Infinity Qx56, Taurus SHO - all heavy moded, Porsche Cayenne Turbo stock
Lcat -->

What did not happend. Pics of my silver one were published somwhere on this site by AutoAdiction as their built with a list of all the mods and Pet confirmed what he has sold me his black one. I also happend to have a W220 S65 Vadim and Victor are finishing their VRP825++++ package - once all 3 are together in our stable it might be worth doing a photoshoot jointly.

At the price Peter had his advertised I could not pass it on. I''m going to put LSD on the black one and use it as a daily driver and do all out crazy built(TB, Cams, Valves, ported heads and 10+ lbs of boost) on the silver one. I love the way W210 E55 with a good suspension and breaks drives - cant bring myself to do W211 E55 even though you could get much more power much cheaper
Old 01-12-2010, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Originally Posted by LCat
What did not happend. Pics of my silver one were published somwhere on this site by AutoAdiction as their built with a list of all the mods and Pet confirmed what he has sold me his black one. I also happend to have a W220 S65 Vadim and Victor are finishing their VRP825++++ package - once all 3 are together in our stable it might be worth doing a photoshoot jointly.

At the price Peter had his advertised I could not pass it on. I''m going to put LSD on the black one and use it as a daily driver and do all out crazy built(TB, Cams, Valves, ported heads and 10+ lbs of boost) on the silver one. I love the way W210 E55 with a good suspension and breaks drives - cant bring myself to do W211 E55 even though you could get much more power much cheaper
You adding a great solid car to your collection, take good care of it and Enjoy

So when are they coming by to pick it up? I sent you several email but never heard back from you. I got it all detailed and ready to be pick up.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by LCat

It was a joke I just wanted to see some new pics, and now i see that you are waiting for one, so will i

Just be careful with the silver one. To much boost will result in broken pistons. The N/A pistons are just not made for long time high boost setups.

Good luck!

Mag
Old 01-12-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by LeeRod80
hahahaha!

How's the E55 doing, Abalone?
It's in my garage waiting for the spring. It's like minus 20 degrees below zero here in Sweden
Engine is ready and built. Will install the rest of the mods as soon as the weather is warmer.
I'll let you know!

// Mag
Old 01-12-2010, 11:17 AM

1999 C43 White on Black/White, 1999 CLK430, 2004 CLK500
There you go LCat..
Attached Thumbnails ONE MORE TRY-cimg7030.jpg  
Old 01-12-2010, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Cool

It's in my garage waiting for the spring. It's like minus 20 degrees below zero here in Sweden
Engine is ready and built. Will install the rest of the mods as soon as the weather is warmer.
I'll let you know!

// Mag

Armani
Old 02-23-2010, 03:28 AM

Well - just got back from the buisness trip and picked up car from my audio installer - car got a a really killer system now - Carozerria ODR HeadUnit and Processor straight form Japan - there is only 4 or 5 sets in US and bouth of my W210s have them , Rainbow Refference 3 way system, 2 12" Altis flat subs in the rear deck and Tru Technology custom Stage IV 8 channel Superbilet finished in the same black color as Carrozeria. It did added about 50lbs to the rear of the car mostly over rear axel so it might affect my notes on the car. I drove car from Central NJ to Long Island making it a good 2 hour trip. Here is my initial notes.

Breaks are kind of on the pair with simular setup from Rotora - not as strong and violent - I guess I was expecting more from Brembos but it might be a Michlen tires vs Vredsteins on my silver W210.
Acceleration - I would not comment on 0-60 as this car has no LSD, but doing 40-120 runs deffenetly reveals difference betveen older Autorotor SC vs new Gen 2. Less power at lower RPMs ad car catches up later at about 4500+ RPMs. Torque curve is not as flat and even though car runs with much smaller pulley and much more boost - 8.2psi vs 6 on mine car feels slower. By my butt dyno 120 came 3-4 seconds later. My wife later on commented on car feeling more slugish and "less assuring" then she was doing some of the backroad runs near home later in the evening. Nevertheless car feels very strong and feels like it would outrun stock E55K quite well. By the way my silver one carries 200+ lbs more of equipment in the back(4 amps, tube preamp, processor and master clock, 2 batcaps, CarPC, and very heavy MDF enclosure to host it all - probably 160lbs right there)). I understand what we carry differnet air boxes, different bolt ons and different tunes. All I could conclude is what Gen 1 Kleeman SC were really more superior but I'm happy with a power for a daily driver.

Here comes my biggest point of disapoitment - handling.
Just this morning I was *****ing about how loose rear of my Silver one feels and how I should get rid of MDF and maybe consolidate some of the equipment and how much of the body roll I have, etc...
I'm riding on the KW Stage 2 - fully dampend front and 2 clicks off in the rear. I also have a custom aluminum sokets for struts in the rear an strut tie bar in the front. I have a 18" with a Vredstein Sensata Ultras.

I was thinking what this car with H&R sport sping & Bilstein HP, Pads #1
and 19s would have comparable handling but rougher ride. Boy was I wrong.
Compared to what I'm used to car handles like a boat. I do not remeber how stock W210 E55 handles but this car hadles worse than BMW 540 sport for sure. A lot of body roll, and a lot of push. I guess I got spoiled over time. Well I was planning to only add LSD(already at AutoAddictions) but tomorow I will be ordering KW Stage 2 again and some strut tie bars
Also intrested in H&R Sway Bars - will put them on bouth cars
In any case Peter have put together a beautifull car and I got it for a greate price. Car is very clean and greatly styled and wheels are beauties.
Thanks a lot
Old 02-23-2010, 04:14 AM

2000 E55
If you decide to sell the Bilstein and H&R's let me know.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:05 PM

Defenetly seling them.
Ordered KW 2 today, and H&R front and rear sway bars. Will have Aluminum bushings made and motor mounts made and already have a Quafe and Strut tie bars. Will also try to build some sort of the underbody braces to stiffen body even more.