Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone happy with LED tail lights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C280, E55, CLK430, E550, Toureg
Arrow Is anyone happy with LED tail lights?

I would really like to update the tail lights on my 02 e55 but there are so many cheapo no name unbranded light sets out there. Has anyone had good luck with a specific brand? I would like to keep the lights smoked and I know there were sets that had both the inside (rear fog) and outside light both LED. Let me know if you like your set and where you purchased them.

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 E430
Originally Posted by austin814
I would really like to update the tail lights on my 02 e55 but there are so many cheapo no name unbranded light sets out there. Has anyone had good luck with a specific brand? I would like to keep the lights smoked and I know there were sets that had both the inside (rear fog) and outside light both LED. Let me know if you like your set and where you purchased them.

Thanks!
I have the Eagle Eyes "wave" style LED tails. I've had them about 3 years now with no problems. I like them but they could be a little brighter at off angles. The inner lens is a conventional bulb and not LED. I bought them off Ebay Hong Kong back before they could be found in the US. They should be easy to source nowadays.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by suicidal4life
I have the Eagle Eyes "wave" style LED tails. I've had them about 3 years now with no problems. I like them but they could be a little brighter at off angles. The inner lens is a conventional bulb and not LED. I bought them off Ebay Hong Kong back before they could be found in the US. They should be easy to source nowadays.
Pics? and Links?

Armani
Old 02-25-2010, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 E430
Originally Posted by armaniE55
Pics? and Links?

Armani
I don't have any decent pics but if you search "eagle eyes" or "wave" you should find some info. There have been multiple threads on it. The first pics I saw and that inspired me to buy them was by arcticbenz or something like that in the non AMG W210 picture sticky thread.

Edit:

Heres a link to ArcticBenz's pics. Starts at post 898 and there are some more after that. There are also various other threads from other members scattered around the forum.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post1397094

Last edited by suicidal4life; 02-25-2010 at 08:49 PM.