Sponsored by:

I think Im on to something here. Running with no o2 sensors Tunning potential

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
00 e55
I think Im on to something here. Running with no o2 sensors Tunning potential

Ok guys after messing around with my car for a year https://mbworld.org/forums/w210-amg/...what-heck.html, trying to fight the cars ECU which kept on subtracting fuel and reducing hp output as this a common problem with our cars as i have discovered, After new plugs, plug wires, 4 different maf sensors, new 02 sensors, 100 of ecu resets I have discovered this;
Our cars run great with o2 sensors completely disconnected, as a matter of fact car runs stronger than ever and does not show any signs of ecu adaptation and reducing hp output. Car runs in the open loop which completely disables the ecu adaptation.
So this just hit me today; with even a simple AFC air fuel controller, such as SAFC by Apexi which only manipulates MAF outputs to add or subtract fuel and adjust Air Fuel curve I can add more hp and have control over Air Fuel curve which is very hard to do with most vehicles where ECU keeps on fighting back and readjusting things again. This means I can adjust all driving conditions to a perfect AF curve and ECU wont even blink and with more advance piggy back systems I can adjust Timing and lots more parameters. This will be completely custom tune and will gain the most HP that no basic ECU flash can come close to. And there is more: !!! Since we are not using the o2 sensors anymore we can install a wideband o2 in the place of our stock sensor and this way we car readjust AF curve as necessary with more mods and since we will have the piggy back installed slight adjustments can be made without having to take the car on the dyno
Im exited to try and tune this beast...

Last edited by amgalex; 02-19-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W211 E63
I thought our cars would throw up all sorts of codes if the O2 sensors were blown or not connected?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:07 AM

00 e55
Originally Posted by SleepersRock
I thought our cars would throw up all sorts of codes if the O2 sensors were blown or not connected?
Codes are there for the o2s but they dont effect anything, other than light hurting my eyes..
Old 02-19-2010, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
210 55
Is not th way to gain power bro. completly open loop is good for power. but is not good for the lubrication in the cylinder wall. the fuel exess remove the oil film in the cylinder wall increasing the friction by the ring & the wall.. anyway.. this tip is good to solve some faulty problem same as your thanks in advance

Fabio Daniel
Old 02-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
You are going down a dangerous path... I will say no more
Old 02-20-2010, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Question

Originally Posted by AMS Performance
You are going down a dangerous path... I will say no more
pls explain

Thanks AMS

Armani
Old 02-20-2010, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 01 E55
Originally Posted by armaniE55
pls explain

Thanks AMS

Armani
The guy said he'd say no more!

But... running without O2s... I give his catalytic converters less than 6 months before they blow up.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:29 PM

00 e55
Originally Posted by Fabio D
Is not th way to gain power bro. completly open loop is good for power. but is not good for the lubrication in the cylinder wall. the fuel exess remove the oil film in the cylinder wall increasing the friction by the ring & the wall.. anyway.. this tip is good to solve some faulty problem same as your thanks in advance

Fabio Daniel
I thought it was the other way around; "excess fuel will lubricate and cool down cylinder walls"
Old 02-20-2010, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
210 55
Originally Posted by amgalex
I thought it was the other way around; "excess fuel will lubricate and cool down cylinder walls"
Cool down the mix, Yes.. Lubricate, NOT AT ALL... in the diesel engines maybe but not with petrol engines

U can made a simple prove, put in ur finger a little point of oil & put upside a little touch of gasoline.. this can take you an idea about what made the excess fuel in the cilinder wall.

Fabio Daniel
Old 07-14-2010, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300sd 300td e55
Hey did u ever get anywhere with your tunning man?