tires opinion pleez

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
tires opinion pleez

Hey all, a buddy of mine has a set of Pirelli P6 all seasons he took of his CLS with less then 10k on them .. he asked me if i was interested before he sells them to somone else for more . He's askin 300 for the set . said 500 to anyone else ..sizes are 245/40 R18 Front
275/35 R18 Rear, just like what im running .. Right now im running nitto555 and they are noisy as hell and rears are worn .. So i was curious anyone ever ran these on the e55 .. Are they any good ? Are they worth $300 with almost 10k miles for the Set ..Or should i shop around and go with somthing else .. Btw i was running some Hankook winter tires till yesterday and my ride was incredible . Now with the nittos this dont ride like a benz no more .. gotta be the worn tires .. also the insides of the rears are alot more worn then the outsides . Any good info is appreciated .. Thanks
Old 04-13-2010, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 S210 3.8L Brabus wagon
Originally Posted by MBFLO
Hey all, a buddy of mine has a set of Pirelli P6 all seasons he took of his CLS with less then 10k on them .. he asked me if i was interested before he sells them to somone else for more . He's askin 300 for the set . said 500 to anyone else ..sizes are 245/40 R18 Front
275/35 R18 Rear, just like what im running .. Right now im running nitto555 and they are noisy as hell and rears are worn .. So i was curious anyone ever ran these on the e55 .. Are they any good ? Are they worth $300 with almost 10k miles for the Set ..Or should i shop around and go with somthing else .. Btw i was running some Hankook winter tires till yesterday and my ride was incredible . Now with the nittos this dont ride like a benz no more .. gotta be the worn tires .. also the insides of the rears are alot more worn then the outsides . Any good info is appreciated .. Thanks

If you are lowered then you need rear adjustable camber arms or the Kmac ecentric bolts to adjust rear camber. That might be why the insides are wearing out fast. Otherwise plan on new tires every 10K miles
Old 04-14-2010, 03:06 AM
Esh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
Go have someone measure the tread life on them, inside and outside edges. If they have more than 50%, $300 should be a good deal. Just think about it, new rear tires run at the very cheapest $225 each.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:29 PM

The price is good. comfort will more than likely be a step up, and probs a higher tread rating.

Only thing is that you may loose some performance handling.

Make sure the tires have at least 7/32nds remaining about 70-80% tread remaining so that they are at least worth buying.

You can use Lincolns head on the penny to measure the tread.

There is plenty guides online regarding this method.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MBFLO
"all seasons" I wouldn't recommend all seasons tires on a AMG, if your looking for a nice grip high performance I would recommend High Performance Summer Tires. As Summer rolls around you will love the Nitto as they provide great grip when warmed up. The tread is also a lot different from all season compered to summer tires (compound). Again, it's really up you. If you plan on driving these set of rims with all season tires then eh.. ya I suppose. I would also recommend getting a set of cheapo rims to go with your dicated winter tires.

Nitto Invo and Nitto 555 are great tires for the money.

Also check out Vredestein, I plan on picking up a set soon.

Looks like Audi favor these tires
http://www.tirerack.com/survey/Surve...ePageLocQty=#\

Nitto Invo Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afvtm...eature=related

GL

Armani

Edit - If you have money to burn PS2 is King
Old 04-18-2010, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

insides of the rears are alot more worn then the outsides

Alignment I'm sure.. even more so if the previous owner drove the car in the winter (Pot Holes)

I went to NTB for the first time for a quick alignment, the actually did a pretty good job. (right within specs) and the wheel is straight as well + 6 Month warranty or 6k miles for $120

Armani
Old 04-18-2010, 06:52 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes AMG
If you want a set of tires that ride great, quiet and grip awesome, Michelin PS2 is the only way to go. Also when those tires get thin on the inside, turn them inside out, they will last twice as long.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Thanks alot guys ... Been looking around for all kinds of tires . Can't beleive how much some cost .. PS2's look like they are best but out of my $$ range at the moment .. looked into the p6 4 seasons , for $300 seems like a steal with rougly 80-90% tread left but after reading up seen they are prone to wear very quickly and have read many reveiws where they bubbled up within 10k miles so i think im going to pass on them .. found a set of rear nitto 555 for $350 brand new for both think i will go with them as my front seem to have good tread left .. Still love how the ride felt with the winter tires <lol>hankooks.. also now with my other set of wheels <tsw> and these nittos my steering wheels isnt centered no more but it was with the oem's w/ winter tires .. so im not sure if its an alignment or just the tires .. well see .. still searching for the right setup and not tryin to max out my funds just for some tires but i can tell they make a world of differnce on the ride .. Also have this honda sport bike that i'm itching to ride this summer but between working 7 days seems like i have no energy to ride and much easier gettin into the benz and alot more comfortable .