Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W210 E-55 Fuel mileage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
Hey everyone, I was just thinking. You guys know those parts that you put into your air intake called the tornado? You can get them at local parts store and auto zone. Well, does anyone know how well these things would work in our cars? Has anyone done this or even heard of this part? Lemme know.

NOOOOO, stay away from that thing. I heard nightmare stories where these stupid things broke off the mounts and ended up causing major damage. Just go get yourself a pair of K&N or Green filters and have a nice day.

Btw, I too on the highway on long trips get above 23-24mpg and in the city I am closer to about 15-17mpg. The sprint booster isn't helping because I punch it from light to light and got around 12-13mpg last time at the pump, lol...
Old 07-18-2007, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
NOOOOO, stay away from that thing. I heard nightmare stories where these stupid things broke off the mounts and ended up causing major damage. Just go get yourself a pair of K&N or Green filters and have a nice day.

Btw, I too on the highway on long trips get above 23-24mpg and in the city I am closer to about 15-17mpg. The sprint booster isn't helping because I punch it from light to light and got around 12-13mpg last time at the pump, lol...

Great! I'm sure that's what I will get also for mpg because that's what I do. I love hearing the engine. I have found out so far that the booster seems to work better when it is at a roll. It seems to still take a second before it kicks in from a light or stop, but than it really hammer down.

Alright, I'll stay away than. BTW, I do have a pair of K&N filters.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
Great! I'm sure that's what I will get also for mpg because that's what I do. I love hearing the engine. I have found out so far that the booster seems to work better when it is at a roll. It seems to still take a second before it kicks in from a light or stop, but than it really hammer down.

Alright, I'll stay away than. BTW, I do have a pair of K&N filters.
Hmmm, when I punch it from a dead stop I get NO hesitation and I spin tires every time until the ESP kicks in, lol. If you love hearing the engine and you don't have this get, remove the resonator and install an X-pipe. This makes the car sound like it should have from the factory. It's not loud at all, just a low tone deep rumble or growl when you step on it; it just gets me excited, lol. Oh and since you have the K&N's, this should be good for now until I can find a less expensive high-flow airbox because the RennTech one is way too expensive...
Old 07-19-2007, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
Hmmm, when I punch it from a dead stop I get NO hesitation and I spin tires every time until the ESP kicks in, lol. If you love hearing the engine and you don't have this get, remove the resonator and install an X-pipe. This makes the car sound like it should have from the factory. It's not loud at all, just a low tone deep rumble or growl when you step on it; it just gets me excited, lol. Oh and since you have the K&N's, this should be good for now until I can find a less expensive high-flow airbox because the RennTech one is way too expensive...

Hmmm...I must have a less aggressive one in.

That's one thing I don't like about mercedes...mods are so expensive. Oh well...I could have bought a Honda.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
Hmmm, when I punch it from a dead stop I get NO hesitation and I spin tires every time until the ESP kicks in, lol.

ya but the ESP starts flashing 1 nanosecond after the rears break loose. i can never burn some serious rubber in the E55!!

believe it or not i can do donuts & peelouts allday in my S2000 w/ 30 lb ft of torque! no traction control FTW
Old 07-20-2007, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E55
I have an 02 and drive 35 mostly highway miles to and from Seattle each day (afternoons are pretty stop and go for about 10 of those miles). I've been averaging around 21.2 mpg for the past 7 months since I've had the car. And I don't baby it, either. Great gas mileage!