audio/speaker issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E55 AMG
audio/speaker issues

hey guys
im doing some searches right now but wanted to know if there is an issue with my car and the wiring OR if there is an issue with the quality of stock speakers or something else.

what happen a couple of days ago, when listening to the music on a very low volume, my front speakers stop producing sound. i turned up the volume half way and all of a sudden the front speakers started to play music.

also when i rev my engine, it sounds like my volume increase / the interior lights dim and then get bright.

------
If i was to replace the ALL the speakers in the car, would i need to add an amplifier to support the power? Or do would i need to Upgrade all the OEM wiring for the audio to improve the quality?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Sounds like you may have a bad battery if your lights get brighter when you rev. The battery isn't supplying enough juice, and it takes a rev to get the alternator to compensate.

If you get low resistance speakers, you can replace the speakers and keep the stock wiring and amp. If you get regular speakers, you can keep the wiring but would be best with a new amp.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E55 AMG
well it's good to know the wires are ok. i will check the battery and look for a new amp. rock on.