AMS Headers on the way!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Originally Posted by Schweinhund
^ I am pretty a sure a set exists (of all of the different ones out there for other makes/models) that would fit up to the W210 E55s. The problem is finding which one.
Most anything can be done and made available. I can have a set fabbed for around 2500-$3000 stainless lifetime warrenty, flow design as good as it gets. It looks like I will have to eventually, maybe just ditch the cats and forget headers...?

I was refering to an outfit that does production numbers like AMS, Kleemann, etc..therefore being able to get close to market prices for like items. Examples of this are seen in popular models such as mustangs and corvettes with MB quality stainless headers being offered for a grand or so. Kleemann has gotten close @1500.00 and they do delete the restrictive primary cats, however the design isn't like the long tubes being offered for the newer MB's, not to mention 1500.00 is alot for a chinese product as kleemann is now being described.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55
My thought was that there already exists a set (or numerous sets) of full length headers that would bolt up to the block and get the main flanges down around the trans.

Could be for a Ford small block in an F-150 for example.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jtbeche
Any chance you can get a sound clip of what it's like with no resonator or 2nd cat and the xpipe on there? I did the same but added high flow 2nd cats and wish I had more sound.
^ I have the high flows as well. But mine def- roars when you get on it. OP- what are your driving expressions now after running with the headers? I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger and be done with it. Time to move on to the next project. All that's left is Retro Depo's which is being down now and headers. I probably won't do a tune........... na I will lol

Can you post up a sound clip your set up is very close to mine.

Armani