Sponsored by:

1999 E55 air filter cleaning error codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 E55 AMG
1999 E55 air filter cleaning error codes

Just removed cleaned and replaced my airbox and the MIL came on first startup. The code read possibe MAF vaccuum leak oxygen or electrical. I know it has to do with me taking the aibox off but have since cleaned the MAF sensor and checked all connections. Looks like there should be a clip on the connection between the airbox and the MAF housing, but the dealer says there is not supposed to be a clip there. The box is mounted correctly but that connectio is skewed. I think the dealer is wrong. Any thoughts?
Old 02-26-2011, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Aarhuser
Just removed cleaned and replaced my airbox and the MIL came on first startup. The code read possibe MAF vaccuum leak oxygen or electrical. I know it has to do with me taking the aibox off but have since cleaned the MAF sensor and checked all connections. Looks like there should be a clip on the connection between the airbox and the MAF housing, but the dealer says there is not supposed to be a clip there. The box is mounted correctly but that connectio is skewed. I think the dealer is wrong. Any thoughts?
The clip is below the MAF housing which joins the air intake tube. Not between the airbox and the MAF housing. Airbox outlet, locking plastic ring above MAF housing, metal clip below MAF housing, air intake tube, air intake manifold. I would recheck your connections from the air intake manifold up. Good luck.