W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to obtain past service records on newly purchased E55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 03:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55 AMG
How to obtain past service records on newly purchased E55?

The private dealer up in Orange County spent $2k on my car just before I purchased it - I have that receipt and list of repairs - however, I do not have any records for the car previous to that.

There were two owners prior to me and I have both of their names and addresses. I also have the dealers' names where it appears much (most?) of the service was done. (one was right here in San Diego: MB of Escondido)

I'd really like to have any / all service records I can obtain for my car...is there an effective way to obtain these records? (I'm not above bribing someone at both of the dealers...or one of you if you can make it happen)

Thank you,

T-Roll
Old 03-24-2011, 09:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2002 E55 AMG Obsidian Black with Charcoal
Go into the service department at one of the MB dealers. Ask for a service history print out. Bring your V.I.N. You need to get the right person. If you get someone that tells you "that is against our poicy, unable to complete your request, unlawful, etc.", try another person working there. Service department, collision department, or possibly the parts department. I got lucky with the collision/repair department as I asked about some BS repair item. I got someone to print out my service history. You will only get the information that is in their system. Depends who inserted the info, or what they typed in.
Not all service performed will be listed: car serviced other then a MB dealer, or owner maintenance. I was a little disapointed in my print out. I only received the first 3 years of history. Everything listed was 03-Warranty. My guess is that when the warranty was up and the owner used ANYONE other then the MB dealer. It did list date and mileage of those items that were repaired.