W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can the Lysholm SC be dropped in a 2002?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 MB E55 AMG
Can the Lysholm SC be dropped in a 2002?

Just for fun, does anyone know if this is possible? Advisable? More/less $$ than Kleeman?

I'll bet some other enquiring minds want to know!

TJC
Old 05-16-2003, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R170
Has it been done? Yes. This thread will tell you *most* of what you wanna know.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ght=cannonball
Old 05-19-2003, 09:39 AM

2002 MB E55 AMG
Smile Renntech $upercharger

That Renntech SC (high boost) is about $37 K I think. Some of us DO have budgets to consider ...

For instance, anyone familiar with this?:

http://www.myhps.com/e55/e55.html

Jeff

Last edited by tjcMBE55AMG; 05-19-2003 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Re: Renntech $upercharger

Originally posted by tjcMBE55AMG

Jeff
Go to the "Performance Upgrades & Tuning" Section:

https://mbworld.org/forums/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=40

Always quite a fight over HPS & Kleemann Superchargers. Frankly, too many arguements over which is best. The arguments are useless because each product is different and priced for individual budgets.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Adam

Re: Renntech $upercharger

That Renntech SC (high boost) is about $37 K I think. Some of us DO have budgets to consider ...

Jeff
tjcMBE55AMG,

We use a roots designed compressor that generates low boost and high torque output at low engine RPM to eliminate supercharger “Engine” lag and increases engine torque and HP output at low speeds and throughout the entire engine speed range to redline.

It generates up to 4 pounds of boost utilizing a highly efficient intake and discharge system that increases airflow without increasing supercharger discharge air temperatures. This low boost/high efficient system eliminates the need for costly intercoolers and increases reliability by not requiring redundant systems reducing failures.

We use a Air/fuel ratio and data acquisition system for measurements. It is a multiplexed data acquisition system. It’s the only system that includes data acquisition with temperature compensated air fuel ratio measurements. This system provides 19 channels of data acquisition, 14 are programmable analog inputs: Voltage, pressure, temperature, TPS, MAF, and etc. Not to mention a temperature compensated lambda probes and displays the air fuel ratio.

Last week we had a performance test on our E430 driving 90mph for over 50 minutes and data being taken at speeds above 135 mph. Data showed an increase of 18-22 degrees. This data is critical to prove intercooling is not necessary for our system.

Cost including all hardware, factory warranty, CARB certification, and installation is only $9,995 dollars.

If you’re interested in our product, give me a call.

Thank you.

Last edited by Adam; 05-19-2003 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:41 AM

2002 MB E55 AMG
Smile Adam

Thanks - I appreciate the response and I have seen your website. But are you *always* this nice?

Maybe for Xmas ....

TJC
Old 05-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Adam

Re: Re: Renntech $upercharger

Originally posted by HPS (Adam)
tjcMBE55AMG,

We use a roots designed compressor that generates low boost and high torque output at low engine RPM to eliminate supercharger “Engine” lag and increases engine torque and HP output at low speeds and throughout the entire engine speed range to redline.

It generates up to 4 pounds of boost utilizing a highly efficient intake and discharge system that increases airflow without increasing supercharger discharge air temperatures. This low boost/high efficient system eliminates the need for costly intercoolers and increases reliability by not requiring redundant systems reducing failures.

We use a Dak 1 Air/fuel ratio and data acquisition system for measurements. It is a multiplexed data acquisition system. It’s the only system that includes data acquisition with temperature compensated air fuel ratio measurements. This system provides 19 channels of data acquisition, 14 are programmable analog inputs: Voltage, pressure, temperature, TPS, MAF, and etc. Not to mention a temperature compensated lambda probes and displays the air fuel ratio.

Last week we had a performance test on our E430 driving 90mph for over 50 minutes and data being taken at speeds above 135 mph. Data showed an increase of 18-22 degrees. This data is critical to prove intercooling is not necessary for our system.

Cost including all hardware, factory warranty, CARB certification, and installation is only $9,995 dollars.

If you’re interested in our product, give me a call.

Thank you.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:22 PM
Adam

Re: Adam

Thanks - I appreciate the response and I have seen your website. But are you *always* this nice?

Maybe for Xmas ....

TJC
Sometimes! LOL!

If you have any further questions feel free to contact me.