Old 05-13-2011, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
mmm thats a clean drop!

..... and a very nice lawn
Old 05-13-2011, 01:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
86 190D (Exported to the Nerderlands), 87 300TD (Sold), 82 Ford F150 3spd, 99 E300D (RIP), 02 E55
Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
Can't you get the Euro spec springs from an MB dealer in the U.S? I found Euro spec springs for my C43 from 2 different MB dealerships in the U.S. and they were $70 a piece

What size spring pad does the E55 come with stock? The C43 came with #1 pads stock so I would assume the E55 would as well
Which dealership that you go to? For $70 a piece, I'll get them as they are definately do able and are better then aftermarket.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w210 E55, w124 wagon
Originally Posted by mfletch69
Gert in Belgium. Here is his email explaining the process.

I can offer 1 set for 390 Euro shipping included & 2 sets at 740 Euro shipping to the US included.

We need 4-5 days to get the parts in stock. Shipping usually takes 3 days.

If you like to order, please use our secure site.
https://www.carnewal-europe.com/secu..._secorder.aspx

You can copy/paste my quote in the order field.
Once I see your order , I will send you an email back with the confirmation.

I am looking forward to handling your order.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Gert.

Carnewal – Porsche styling, performance and accessories.
www.carnewal.com
info@carnewal.com
Vijverbeek 8
9688 Maarkedal Belgium.
Tel : 0032 55 499.300
Fax: 0032 55 499.311

Planning on ordering from Gert by the end of the month. Anyone else in southern Cali interested to save a few Euro?
Old 07-19-2011, 02:15 PM

W210 E55, Custom Turbocharged
Originally Posted by tym4rnr
Planning on ordering from Gert by the end of the month. Anyone else in southern Cali interested to save a few Euro?
Have you contacted him directly? That quote that mfletch69 received is a couple months old...

mfletch69,

Your setup looks classy. Not a fan of over-slammed, over-cambered, AMG's,... ruins the classy look of the car imo. Your's and Abalone's stock Euro spring set up looks like the perfect balance for ride and aesthetics.

Any more settling? I wouldn't want to go any lower than you had at last report. And that was with #1 pads all around?

Any comments on ride vs. stock? What about driveways and speed bumps? Finally, how is it with a full load of passengers? Thanks for any feedback.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:59 PM

86 190D (Exported to the Nerderlands), 87 300TD (Sold), 82 Ford F150 3spd, 99 E300D (RIP), 02 E55
Originally Posted by SilverarrowE55
Any more settling? I wouldn't want to go any lower than you had at last report. And that was with #1 pads all around?

Any comments on ride vs. stock? What about driveways and speed bumps? Finally, how is it with a full load of passengers? Thanks for any feedback.
I would suggest #2 in the front and #1 in the back so the car looks straight and not "slant" looking plus over time, if you do #1 in the front, the wheels might rub if you hit a small hole or bump as the shims settle. My two cents.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by snooozie
I would suggest #2 in the front and #1 in the back so the car looks straight and not "slant" looking plus over time, if you do #1 in the front, the wheels might rub if you hit a small hole or bump as the shims settle. My two cents.
Thanks for the input. I am running OE size tires on 19x8.5 and 19x10.5 HRE's so clearance at the fender is a concern.

Here's a shot before the Brembo BBK or turbo was installed.

And with turbo... Already the wheel well is very filled as you can see
Old 07-19-2011, 05:56 PM

Ust curious, how does the turbo at the back of the exhaust work? It doesnot feedback to the engine so where does the exhaust go? Back out?
Old 07-19-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by snooozie
Ust curious, how does the turbo at the back of the exhaust work? It doesnot feedback to the engine so where does the exhaust go? Back out?
Kinda OT. I'll be very brief so as not to detract further from OP's thread.

On every turbocharged car, exhaust gasses always passes over the turbine impeller and then out the tailpipe. In this case, the exhaust just happens to be only 17" long (ie. mostly tailpipe) The compressor then pressurizes the aluminum charge pipe that runs to the intake. Feel free to check out the couple of photos I posted in my album here. Feel free to shoot me an email/PM if you have further questions. Let's keep this thread about the euro springs out of respect to the OP and others.

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1999 E55
Originally Posted by SilverarrowE55
Have you contacted him directly? That quote that mfletch69 received is a couple months old...

mfletch69,

Your setup looks classy. Not a fan of over-slammed, over-cambered, AMG's,... ruins the classy look of the car imo. Your's and Abalone's stock Euro spring set up looks like the perfect balance for ride and aesthetics.

Thank you. I feel the same way as you do about the look. I really was just wanting it to look and operate as the AMG engineers envisioned it for their home market.

The front is sitting 25 7/8" and the rear is at 25 15/16" ...so a hair higher in back

Any comments on ride vs. stock? What about driveways and speed bumps?

I drive my wife's stock '00 all the time and mine is MUCH better. She doesn't care, so i won't waste any $$ on her's. It is amazing how dropping the center of gravity just that little bit changes everything. The stock shocks & sway bars are noticeably more effective. The reason I did the change in the first place was the car felt a bit floaty to me over 130 mph. That is gone now. Maybe the down forces have changed with the lower front end. IDK.

Finally, how is it with a full load of passengers?

I am in real estate and have had it loaded. it handles it fine. Remember....it is just a stock E55 - in Europe

Thanks for any feedback.

In summation...I bought my '99 for $17k 2 years ago from the original owner with 15k miles. I love the car and it is probably my favorite I have ever had. Like it so much I bought my wife one. I try to treat it like an $80k car...not a $17k one...or a $10k one. So getting the OEM AMG euro-spec springs was a no brainer for me. So what if it is a couple hundred more total? I spend $1000 for a set of tires! Knowing I have the correct springs makes me happy and i am very pleased with Gert and the results.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:40 AM

mfletch69,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful and detail reply. That sounds like exactly what I am looking for. AMG parts have always cost more but if they weren't worth it, we wouldn't love our AMG's so much.
Old 07-21-2020, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 E430
So just to confirm, you went with the Eurospec E55 springs and #1 spacers all around?

Originally Posted by mfletch69
In summation...I bought my '99 for $17k 2 years ago from the original owner with 15k miles. I love the car and it is probably my favorite I have ever had. Like it so much I bought my wife one. I try to treat it like an $80k car...not a $17k one...or a $10k one. So getting the OEM AMG euro-spec springs was a no brainer for me. So what if it is a couple hundred more total? I spend $1000 for a set of tires! Knowing I have the correct springs makes me happy and i am very pleased with Gert and the results.