lowering springs??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Originally Posted by snooozie
You could do #1 all round...or #1 @ the rear and #2 in the front bec the front is heavier then the rear due to the weight of the engine.
would u happen to know if they come the same all around or differnt in there rear as the front .
Old 06-29-2011, 06:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1999 E55
They are different diameters front and back. I just went to #1 all round. I am happy with the result but the car is raked forward a bit...so I can understand why some do the #2 pads in front.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
86 190D (Exported to the Nerderlands), 87 300TD (Sold), 82 Ford F150 3spd, 99 E300D (RIP), 02 E55
Originally Posted by MBFLO
would u happen to know if they come the same all around or differnt in there rear as the front .
If you take your VIN# to the dealer, they could be able to tell you what shims you have on the front and the rear. I believe mine is something like #5 in front and #4 at the back.

I read about some original post way back a few years ago that these guys will do #2 in front and #1 at the back to have the car look "straight". You will definately see a drop when you do either #1 or #2.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5
Here is a link to the Pad #'s and thicknesses, you can use any size listed but they are different for the front and rear

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...ads-id-nos.pdf
Old 06-29-2011, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

see thats the thing ive been to dealer numerous times .. they cant get it right .Dealer says i have #1 pads all around but i dont know how that can be . They punch in the VIN# write down some numbers on a peice of paper . Then they start adding options for points. to come up with a certain value.
Weeks ago my driver side front dropped and sat over the tread compared to other three corners just over the tread. When i bought the car the previous stated that he had just changed the shocks and replaced with lower shim pads which ones I didnt bother to ask at the moment .

Anyhow took the car to indi, at first he couldnt find anything , after tellin him check again he finds a broken coil on front driver side . by this time i had allready gone to dealer and purchased one coil for that driver side well after indi convincing me change both fronts at same time he ordered same coil dealer sold me and punched my Vin to find out which Coil . After installing those springs the INDI didnt even bother to check height differnces or anything just swapped springs and told me who knows what previous owner did . Was sittin up high as hell.. After tellin him something not right ,. We looked on his computer he came up with same figure as Dealer .. The mechanic called warehouse in Illinois where the Mercedes parts depot is they came back with higher value and differnt shocks .
Now those have been installed , the driver side still sits lower then front passenger . After the front sittin so much higher then rears now I got two new rear springs . Now i dont which pads are in currently but i changed out the springs paid over couple hunred in labor just to swap 2 springs gonna cost me nother couple hundred in labor for rears .FML

I personally want the front sit a little bit lower then back so i probably will order #1 and 2 instead of 1 allround .. Be effed up if there allready number one on there lmao
Old 06-30-2011, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5
see thats the thing ive been to dealer numerous times .. they cant get it right .Dealer says i have #1 pads all around but i dont know how that can be . They punch in the VIN# write down some numbers on a peice of paper . Then they start adding options for points. to come up with a certain value.
Weeks ago my driver side front dropped and sat over the tread compared to other three corners just over the tread. When i bought the car the previous stated that he had just changed the shocks and replaced with lower shim pads which ones I didnt bother to ask at the moment .

Anyhow took the car to indi, at first he couldnt find anything , after tellin him check again he finds a broken coil on front driver side . by this time i had allready gone to dealer and purchased one coil for that driver side well after indi convincing me change both fronts at same time he ordered same coil dealer sold me and punched my Vin to find out which Coil . After installing those springs the INDI didnt even bother to check height differnces or anything just swapped springs and told me who knows what previous owner did . Was sittin up high as hell.. After tellin him something not right ,. We looked on his computer he came up with same figure as Dealer .. The mechanic called warehouse in Illinois where the Mercedes parts depot is they came back with higher value and differnt shocks .
Now those have been installed , the driver side still sits lower then front passenger . After the front sittin so much higher then rears now I got two new rear springs . Now i dont which pads are in currently but i changed out the springs paid over couple hunred in labor just to swap 2 springs gonna cost me nother couple hundred in labor for rears .FML

I personally want the front sit a little bit lower then back so i probably will order #1 and 2 instead of 1 allround .. Be effed up if there allready number one on there lmao
Not sure about the E55 but my C43 sits lower in the front even with the #5 pads in the front and #4 pads in the rear, I'm sure it has something to do with the engine weight. I used #5 up front and #4 in the rear to get the alignment correct.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
what a waste of time and money on US oem springs. haha
Old 06-30-2011, 06:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
86 190D (Exported to the Nerderlands), 87 300TD (Sold), 82 Ford F150 3spd, 99 E300D (RIP), 02 E55
H&R

MBFLO...why don't you take this oppurtunity and get some H&R and have the indie guy do it right....put #2 in front and #1 in the rear since you have a reason to do them. Then you will have a lower look and ride. Instead of paying so much for OEM springs and still have the ride height be high....my two cent.

Or just do it yourself with the MB compressor and swap the front yourself and like ulovemybenzo said.....drop the lower arm in the back and put the springs and pads in yourself.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well see how I like it after installing the rears