W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60

Radio went out "Code EJ" ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2011 | 10:16 PM

2000 E55
Question Radio went out "Code EJ" ?

Hi everyone. My radio just crapped out without any instances of a problem. I push power button and the only sign of life it has is it says, " Code EJ". which just opens and closes the tape door. Anyone have a clue as to what this may be? Im hoping its a simple something. Thanks for any assistance. Oh, 2000 E55 with stock Bose system.
Old 06-26-2011 | 05:03 PM

2000 E55
Unhappy Somebody has to know this?

Hi all, Please anyone who has had any experience with a radio stoppage, please give a shout out. I have only found that the battery may have something to do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good day to everyone. Regards, Dave B.
Old 06-26-2011 | 05:26 PM

2008 E63 AMG
I could be totally off on this one, as I don't remember the readout after my battery was replaced. But, if you lost power to it, it's locked itself. The code should be in your books in the glove box. If not, you can call Mercedes Customer Care and once you prove ownership, they'll give you the code over the phone. 800-367-6372. Hope this helps.
Old 06-26-2011 | 05:29 PM

2000 E55
Radio Code?

Hi all. me again . Just found out that a radio code is needed to possibly to make my radio work again. Anyone who may know my code would be very helpful. My VIN# is: WDBJF74J6YB154046. Any help would be very nice. Thanks once more. Regards to all. Dave B.
Old 06-26-2011 | 06:51 PM

2000 E55
IT WORKS!

Hi everyone once again, Dumb Dave here spents hours trying to figure out and to make a short story long.\, I found posts about the radio code being in owners manual. I looked. found it, typed it in, And Wallah! IT WORKS. I hope all the future setbacks are this easy and CHEAP!!!! Won't hold my breath though. Take care everyone. Regards, Dave B
Old 01-09-2015 | 11:12 PM

2001 clk320
Radio code EJ

Thanks AMG_Dvr. I called the 800 number on Friday evening after their regular assistance was closed but navigated to the road assistance and the guy eventually found my five digit code. Plugged it in and voila! tunes again!
Old 02-20-2016 | 06:32 PM

E320
Have radio code BUT just keep getting code EJ - other than entering my number 3 times I get wait --- then it just goes back to code EJ -- someone please help thanks-
Old 04-19-2023 | 02:27 PM

R129 SL500 1999
I realize this is an older thread but I had this problem recently and kept coming back to these threads for tips/tricks. The 'EJ' appearing beneath 'Code' doesn't necessarily means it's an issue or your system is 'frozen in EJ mode' as I've read on a couple forums. My car also had EJ appearing but it did not prohibit the code from being accepted. I've also watched a couple YouTube videos where ppl successfully entered in their code with EJ appearing.

I called the dealership and received my code but it wasn't accepting- I tried driving around for an hour as I read the 'EJ' eventually disappeared but that never happened. The code just wasn't working. I would advise you pull out the radio (it's really easy, you just need to purchase the tool for $8-$10- they are everywhere online). Once you have the radio out write down the serial number and then you can use one of the multiple sites online to verify your code- it typically costs another $8-$10 and it's typically emailed to you within seconds of purchase. It turns out someone had swapped out the original car stereo with the same factory stereo so the code that was paired to the factory radio wouldn't work obviously.

If that doesn't work, i've had Mercedes Techs tell me that due to age it's unlikely BUT possible that the radio just forgot it's code due to age- at that point you will likely need to replace the head unit. Hopefully it doesn't come to that! For reference my car is a 1999 SL500 w/Alpine stereo CM2299
The following users liked this post:
laestllc (05-04-2023)