Sponsored by:

Soon to be an E55 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55 AMG (sold)
Originally Posted by saintz
The changer will go out again. The best bet is to replace it with an iPod kit and not have to fuss with it again.

The tube probably came off the bladder on the seats. Two screws under the back of the seat and rear panel pops off. Reattach hoses and use zip ties to secure them so they won't come off again.
I like to have CDs. I plan to wire a DIY aux input to the Becker head unit as well for my Ipod. I'm just waiting for the removal tools and a new volume knob to come.

Thanks for the tips on the air bladders. I'll look into that. I hope its that simple.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55 AMG (sold)
I've put about 1800 miles on the car already. CD changer working find still. Did a DIY service B including engine air filters. Also did a DIY aux input on the radio so I can enjoy my Ipod. Bluetooth V60 puck supposed to arrive today (the car already had upgraded cradle and PSE).

So far, I'm just loving this car. Much more fun than my previous C350. As I reported, I was impressed by the initial mileage on the trip home with the car (~25mpg). However, around town (mixed highway and back streets), my 'Since Start' MPG rarely shows more than 18-19mpg. Somehow, over that 1800 miles, the 'Since Reset' still shows over 21mpg. Hmm. How is that possible? My first trip home was less than 300 miles of highway. Since then, most of my trips are mixed use, 40 miles or less.

Well, yesterday I filled up, and did a manual calculation of mileage. I expected less than 20. To my amazement, it was about 21.5mpg!

Apparently, there is a pretty large discrepancy between the 'since reset' and the 'since start'. The since reset seems to be pretty accurate while the other shows it to be much more thirsty than actual. Anyway, I feel much better about driving my 'gas guzzler' now.

Still haven't had a chance to do a full detail on the car (hence no new photos), but I'm hoping with the long weekend ahead, I'll have a chance to break out the clay bar and the PC7424 buffer. The car looks great already. It should be drop dead amazing after a buffing and waxing.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
The "since start" resets itself when the car has been sitting for awhile (many hours with mine). If I take another trip within an hour or two it will keep adding to it. When it starts over the mpg is usually at 11mpg.

I've found that I get about 16mpg around town and a hair over 24mpg on freeway trips.