E55 AMG Interior Parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E55 AMG
E55 AMG Interior Parts

Hey all...

Im new here and I have a 02 E55 AMG with 30k miles. My headliner is peeling apart and I am getting it re-wrapped in a suede. I wanted to get it in black to match the rest of the interior (well charcoal that is...). I currently have the light grey and will obviously have some issues with color match after the wrap is complete. Anyone know where I can get charcoal colored plastic pieces (holy poop handles, light covers, seatbelt sliders and sunvisors)? I cant find a color match of suede to the light grey (which I would do if I could find a solid match). Any ideas? I have heard people painting the plastic, but how well will it hold and what would i use (prefer to buy ones already colored....)??

Thanks in advance to any replies.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

Welcome and Congrats on the ride!

In regards to the headliner why not get a light grey or another color to match the current one. I like your idea but it might turn out to be more of a hassle.

Just my .55 cents

and you know the drill pics or Ban!

Originally Posted by timmy43016
Hey all...

Im new here and I have a 02 E55 AMG with 30k miles. My headliner is peeling apart and I am getting it re-wrapped in a suede. I wanted to get it in black to match the rest of the interior (well charcoal that is...). I currently have the light grey and will obviously have some issues with color match after the wrap is complete. Anyone know where I can get charcoal colored plastic pieces (holy poop handles, light covers, seatbelt sliders and sunvisors)? I cant find a color match of suede to the light grey (which I would do if I could find a solid match). Any ideas? I have heard people painting the plastic, but how well will it hold and what would i use (prefer to buy ones already colored....)??

Thanks in advance to any replies.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:31 PM

2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by armaniE55
Welcome and Congrats on the ride!

In regards to the headliner why not get a light grey or another color to match the current one. I like your idea but it might turn out to be more of a hassle.

Just my .55 cents

and you know the drill pics or Ban!

LOL. fair enough. I will start a new thread as an intro instead of using this one.

To answer your question on color...there are no color matches for me in that light grey. My options are black, tan, charcoal and a really light tan color. I can get a color close to the light grey (has a blue hue when i compare samples) in the original material. I have done suede in an M3 and loved it. Thought it may make the AMG more fun to be in.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by timmy43016
LOL. fair enough. I will start a new thread as an intro instead of using this one.

To answer your question on color...there are no color matches for me in that light grey. My options are black, tan, charcoal and a really light tan color. I can get a color close to the light grey (has a blue hue when i compare samples) in the original material. I have done suede in an M3 and loved it. Thought it may make the AMG more fun to be in.
My friend just bought a salvage M3 and re-did the entire interior in a dark red suede color, even did the steering wheel to match. Looks the *****... I hear you loud and clear on how the outcome looks. That's a tough a call with the color options. I'm sure others will chime in with better input. GL! and stick around this place is getting momentum!

State ?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:25 PM

2002 E55 AMG
I am in Columbus Ohio and I have yet to see another E55 on the road (which makes things even more difficult). I am having a horrible time finding parts or people (reputable shops) who can do the work I want to get done.

I was not a MB fan at all. I was a BMW fan and wanted nothing to do with MB...until I drove the E55. I got a deal of a lifetime on this car and after I drove the car, it was a no brainer. I absolutely love this car and I never thought that was going to be possible. I will start a new thread and get pics up tonight.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:48 PM

1999 E55 AMG
Im also going to redo my headliner as it is sagging. Its currently the light gray and I think I am going to go with the Black suede to match the interior.