Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a great deal on a E55!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a great deal on a E55!

Hey guys I got myself some good news last night! I was over at my buddys house last night and all of us got talking about cars and a guy mentioned he had a 2002 E55 he was trying to get rid of! I guess he wanted the extra $$$ to get himself a boat! Anyway the price still is not final but he said within 2 weeks he would sell it to me! The car is black on black with 8,000 miles on it. Now I am debating with myself whether or not I should keep my CL which has low miles on it and has almost every option. Your opinions are welcomed and appreciated.
Old 03-02-2002, 02:37 PM

'01 CLK 55
Imho, it sounds like a great way for you to become an official "AMGBOY"... Besides, that E55 will run rings around the CL 500...If that matters to you.
Old 03-02-2002, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I love the looks of a CL more than any other Benz but you wont get near the performance of an E55 with the CL 500 or even the CL55. What is the price that he is asking for because you got a flagship model right now and the looks of the CL are sweeeet.
Old 03-03-2002, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

personally i would keep the CL... granted it may not be as fast as the E55, but the next question is.. are you going to race it every weekend... realistically with the E55, you will get to the speed limit faster than you would in the CL ... and the CL is top of the line like someone else said... and it's not very common... so i would stay with the CL....

again my 2 cents.... take it with a grain of salt...
Old 03-03-2002, 07:41 PM

Hey guys thanks for all the replys! It is official I am going to get the E55, he is asking 60,000. Im still not sure if I want to keep the CL? I like to drive hard and fast and I think the E55 will be more fun to do this in than a CL500. As for the Range Rover sence its heading into summer and there isnt going to be a lot of rain anytime soon or bad weather why keep it? To be honest I liked it but thought it was boring! It had all the factory options but nothing custom maybe thats why? Anyway I will pickup the E55 sometime next week! Any more replies are wanted and appreciated!

By the way I did put some tuning into the CL a couple weeks ago so that makes me more hesitant on selling it.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:37 AM

Hey guys this one might not make you happy but I have a serious buyer for my CL! It just felt weird when I drove it because there was a noticable power/speed differnce between it and the E55. I know the CL is supposed to be a luxury/coupe but now that I have the E55 that is the ultimate package for me! So it looks like I will be saying goodbye to the CL and maybe the Rover also because I am getting tired of it. Any advice on what SUV to replace it with is appreciated. I am thinking Escalade or Denali? Adam if you read this post how do you like your Escalade?

Cheers
Old 03-06-2002, 01:12 PM

'01 CLK 55
Need you ask??! G-WAGON!!! A perfect pair, IMHO.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Originally posted by AmgBoy
Hey guys this one might not make you happy but I have a serious buyer for my CL! It just felt weird when I drove it because there was a noticable power/speed differnce between it and the E55. I know the CL is supposed to be a luxury/coupe but now that I have the E55 that is the ultimate package for me! So it looks like I will be saying goodbye to the CL and maybe the Rover also because I am getting tired of it. Any advice on what SUV to replace it with is appreciated. I am thinking Escalade or Denali? Adam if you read this post how do you like your Escalade?

Cheers
I know what you mean ! When I drove the CL500 vs the CL55, it was a totally different feeling... The 55 enignes have so much torque that it changes the dynamics of the whole vehicle ! The E55 is a beast ! Have fun !!!
Old 03-06-2002, 07:27 PM

Hey guys thanks for the feed back its nice to hear what you think. Yes I do agree with you awiner the 55's have so much more torque and the engine is totaly different, the AMG engines are just awesome! As for your thought about the Escalade DoubleNickel I totaly agree I think that they look "pimp" also! That would be a fun car, they are surprisingly fast for such a big car. Car and Driver got it 0-60 in under 8 seconds (7.8) I am seriously looking into getting another SUV after some hard thinking today. They are really fun in there own way! If you put some stuff into an Escalade (bigger rims, tires, upgraded system etc.) they can be very cool!

Just so you guys arent confused my car status is:
I own the 02' E55 black on black loaded with all possible options.
The CL500 is almost gone.
I will be trying to get a deal for the Rover (A couple guys at work are interseted)
Last I am looking into a new SUV (Escalade)

Cheers