Sponsored by:

Calling all kleeman header owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w210 e55 amg
Calling all kleeman header owners

Need input ..... i must install kleeman headers because of cracked primary welds.... How was the install ?did anything have to be removed losened for install? Ex: rack n steering on drivers side looked like tight area

I know about the welding allready have x pipe eisenman race.exhaust custom setup just dont want shop to do /take apart something that doesnt have to be
MR performance is shop they do GTRs and evos they have a good fab Guy

Any input would be great

Thank you
Old 08-21-2013, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
210 55
I do mine in 1 day, no need to remove nothing, just the old junk and install news, weld the pipes and done. they fits good but if you got the new style ones maybe the heat shield for the rubber steering shaft touch the tubes. i havo no issue with the first style headers and my heat shield stay perfect, i see some comments about that with the new headers, some people just remove the shield, if the rubber normaly are fine by 50yrs without the heat shield you might replace it in 10yrs hahaha is not expensive aswell. people tell the first model are manufactured in Austria, the new model is not 100% sure about the manufacture country.

Do this job mate, i'm sure you would love it before.

Fabio Daniel
Old 08-21-2013, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 E430
When I had mine installed the shop mentioned they had to lower the steering rack. Since I didn't watch the install I don't know if they actually had to or if it was just a way to charge a bit more labor.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
210 55
Is possible install it without pull out the steering rack, but if you want to work more relaxed you can unscrew the 2 steering support bolts + steering shaft and they lower a bit making more easy the job

Fabio Daniel
Old 08-23-2013, 11:49 PM

w210 e55 amg
I spoke to cory he said disconnect steering shaft..this shop (120/hr) rate better get there knuckles bloody that's all I'm allowing for them to take apart.....plus my boy did it in his driveway without moving anything but steering heat shield,and SUICIDAL did himself along with many other people...I might go to Bruce at TTM since that's all they eat over there AMGs and he can check the headers for defects(godforbid)maybe stop byshop tmrw......
Old 08-24-2013, 12:15 AM

w210 e55 amg
I noticed that left o2 sensor goes in down pipe and right goes in header..is that a space issue thing? My car only has only 2 front o2 sensors, cory said that he has never heard of that..has only seen 4. Said euro spec...I know people have 2 also....anyone pop there 2 in with no check engine light for the codes?

Last edited by DOUBLE-LINCOLN; 08-24-2013 at 12:24 AM.