Sponsored by:

Shift Lever/Selector Assembly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E55 AMG
Talking Shift Lever/Selector Assembly

hey guys how are you i dont know if this is in anyway related to the Shift Lever/Selector topic but this is whats going on with my car ive pretty much replaced a lot of stuff for my e55 to run as smooth as possible but the problem still persists anyway you know how there is a W/S button on the shifter console every time i leave it in S and drive normally and try to speed up a bit by pressing on the gas a little the car starts to hesitate then i switch it back to W it runs a lot better then i stop at the light and switch the button back to S i get a little kick and the car starts driving like it should then i go home come back and start driving again while the button is still in S position it starts to hesitate again so i have to do all above stated all over again for the car to drive normally otherwise it hesitates from 1 to 3k rpms then drive semi normal and ive replaced pretty much everything that has to do with the cars hesitation MAF sensor all filters TPS sensor fuel pump fuel filter it would drive fine after i replaced a few things and then goes back to do what it does best hesitate and get on my nerves i did open the console where the shifter is located and found a lot of sticky residue everywhere so im thinking whoever owned the car before me spilled something in there i don't know guys if you can help me with any info on that i would really appreciate it
Old 12-23-2013, 08:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1999 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
Can't figure out from your post if the hesitation is related to what you're describing,but I can tell you one thing for sure : if you spill water or any other liquid on your center console,where the windows switches are,you can have a lot of problems,like windows that won't go up or down,car going into limp mode or not being able to put it into or out of gear....
Old 12-23-2013, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
That is one long *** sentence.