W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60

Front spring perch snapped off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2014 | 07:53 PM

2001 E55 AMG
Front spring perch snapped off

Well today I was coming to a stoplight, the guy in front of me stopped pretty quickly causing me to hit my brakes pretty hard (he stopped for a yellow) When I did that the front driver side spring perch snapped off the body of the car..

The real kicker here is, I was told this car was rust free from the dealership "spotless" they told me.. "like it rolled off the showroom floor underneath"
I also discovered that it needs inner and outer tie rods, I replaced the front tires because they each had a buldge in them.. All of this was labled as being in good condition from the dealer..
I would really like to park it in the lot and torch it right about now...
Old 06-21-2014 | 01:19 AM

2001 E55 AMG
[IMG][/IMG]

This is an ugly site to me...
Old 06-21-2014 | 09:02 AM

2001 E430, 2002 ML55
There is a post somewhere on the forums of this same thing happening. Only thing to do now is to take the perch off, clean off all the rust, rivet the perch back in and line the whole perch area with rhino liner or something of that sort.

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/...g-bracing.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...epair_proc.pdf
Old 06-23-2014 | 01:56 PM

E55, 2001 Silver.
Midwest - had a similar problem with my E430. Had a receipt (less than a year earlier) from the dealer saying

"Customer request to check spring towers for rust. Checked no rust found" because I was worried about this. Anyway, I was able to use this to have MB pay half the cost + towing for the repairs. If you have the invoice or something that says checked and no rust, you may be able to do it too.
Old 06-23-2014 | 07:09 PM

2001 E55 AMG
I am in negotiation with the dealership currently. They falsified information on the window sticker, gave me inaccurate info, lied blatantly etc.

I was never able to inspect, or have the car inspected, so I went off the goodwill of the dealership. They told me it was a one owner car, absolutely rust free, and that it was in mechanically perfect shape.

So far, I have found the inner tie rods to be loose, sway bar end links are in need of replacement, a/c only works when the car is moving, engine mounts are weak, I was told it was a one owner car, I am actually the 4th owner, and now the spring perch brakes off...

I gave them three options to cure this.
1. pay to repair the car to the stated condtion and adjust the price due to miles/accident history.

2. Reverse the sale, return all of my money and I will return the car.

3. I have a state field investigator visit them about this fraudulent sale.
Old 06-24-2014 | 07:17 PM

2008 W211 E63
Originally Posted by Midwest
I am in negotiation with the dealership currently. They falsified information on the window sticker, gave me inaccurate info, lied blatantly etc.

I was never able to inspect, or have the car inspected, so I went off the goodwill of the dealership. They told me it was a one owner car, absolutely rust free, and that it was in mechanically perfect shape.

So far, I have found the inner tie rods to be loose, sway bar end links are in need of replacement, a/c only works when the car is moving, engine mounts are weak, I was told it was a one owner car, I am actually the 4th owner, and now the spring perch brakes off...

I gave them three options to cure this.
1. pay to repair the car to the stated condtion and adjust the price due to miles/accident history.

2. Reverse the sale, return all of my money and I will return the car.

3. I have a state field investigator visit them about this fraudulent sale.
Was all of what they told in you in writing as well? Hopefully, it doesn't become a he said she said issue.

Good luck!!