Sponsored by:

huge power lost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 e55
huge power lost

Hello , guys i have still alot of times huge power lose but cant find what it is...
MAF, plugs , air filter changed already no codes throwing at the STAR

I bought the car with only the 2 front 02 sensor look like previous owner supress the rear with the mb star

So the car also make a strange flapping ticking like a sound of an air valve when you accelerate the car in charge, you dont hear it when you rev it on neutral
Or when you open the hood to try to hear something.
The car has some strange hesitation when accelerate huge lost of torque too, sometimes you accelerate and it go in high rev but the car take time to go....i try to disconnect the maf but the car had poor idle and cut off and also had more hesitations when you kick down.
Someone told me it could be the swirl flap of the intake manifold that dont open properly or broke
Do you think it could be some internal engine problems ?

​​​​​​​Sorry for my english
I post the video of some values i took with my mbstar c3

​​​​​​​https://youtu.be/RK_rThBTcc0
Old 04-26-2018, 04:59 AM

MB E430
Originally Posted by olivier753
Hello , guys i have still alot of times huge power lose but cant find what it is...
MAF, plugs , air filter changed already no codes throwing at the STAR

I bought the car with only the 2 front 02 sensor look like previous owner supress the rear with the mb star

So the car also make a strange flapping ticking like a sound of an air valve when you accelerate the car in charge, you dont hear it when you rev it on neutral
Or when you open the hood to try to hear something.
The car has some strange hesitation when accelerate huge lost of torque too, sometimes you accelerate and it go in high rev but the car take time to go....i try to disconnect the maf but the car had poor idle and cut off and also had more hesitations when you kick down.
Someone told me it could be the swirl flap of the intake manifold that dont open properly or broke
Do you think it could be some internal engine problems ?

Sorry for my english
I post the video of some values i took with my mbstar c3

​​​​​​​https://youtu.be/RK_rThBTcc0
Hi!

There is one thing what to overlook: viscous thermal clutch. I had power loss when engine temp. went over 90Celsius. No kickdown and power. I had to change engine viscous clutch and power was back! So, problem was HEAT,
Old 12-03-2018, 03:40 PM

99 E55; and other
I have a similar problem with my 99 E55. Suddenly loss of power and loud engine. Thought it was the fan clutch. Replaced fan clutch and water pump (found out the water pump was leaking already). Car is still noisy and no power.