PSE pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 04:53 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2002 E55 AMG, 2015 Mercedes C300 4Matic
PSE pump

Hello fellow E55 owners ,

ive been running into an issue with my PSE pump. I’ve gone to couple of shops and the dealer. Some say you can buy a used one and drop it in plug and play..

while others say it needs to be programmed to the vin. Or does it only need to be programmed if it’s a new pump? Since it doesn’t have the firmware activated on it?

what say you MBworld?

Thanks.

Last edited by W205_Merc; 08-05-2020 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2001 E55 OMG
I say a used one is hit or miss on fleebay so be sure you get a return guarantee or warranty. Get the same part number as the one in your car. You'll need to program it new or used. The reason why you need star is to mate it to your car is because the chances you find a pump from an identically optioned car is rare. By that I mean the pump part number can be the same from a 430, but a 430 may not have dynamic seats in which your pump needs to inflate. (if yours still work) With out the programming, your car does not tell the pump to inflate the seats.

I think the basics will work like doors, gas and trunk till you find someone to program. If the pump is bad it will not turn on or communicate with star.

Last edited by Tall Giraffe; 08-07-2020 at 02:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
W205_Merc (08-07-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tall Giraffe
I say a used one is hit or miss on fleebay so be sure you get a return guarantee or warranty. Get the same part number as the one in your car. You'll need to program it new or used. The reason why you need star is to mate it to your car is because the chances you find a pump from an identically optioned car is rare. By that I mean the pump part number can be the same from a 430, but a 430 may not have dynamic seats in which your pump needs to inflate. (if yours still work) With out the programming, your car does not tell the pump to inflate the seats.

I think the basics will work like doors, gas and trunk till you find someone to program. If the pump is bad it will not turn on or communicate with star.
thank you for such a wonderful post with vital information I needed.

so even if I find a pump , (with dynamic seats) option I would still have to get it programmed to operate the seats?

if anything I may find another pump to harvest a rebuild effort. I think my motor is just going bad, the doors lock, seats inflate/deflate. Everything works but just really slowly :|
Old 08-08-2020, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2001 E55 OMG
Originally Posted by W205_Merc
thank you for such a wonderful post with vital information I needed.

so even if I find a pump , (with dynamic seats) option I would still have to get it programmed to operate the seats?

if anything I may find another pump to harvest a rebuild effort. I think my motor is just going bad, the doors lock, seats inflate/deflate. Everything works but just really slowly :|
Glad to help.

I don't think so. If you find a pump from a car that had dynamic seats then it should be a direct hit plug and play. Something like that for example would be the same part number and donated by the same car (E55) Most Fleebay listings don't mention from which car the donor pump was pulled from however you might get lucky.

If you are inclined you may be able to fix yours as I believe there are some videos or someone has ventured into the waters.

For me it took 3 pumps till I got a working one. I ate up some favors from my indie at the time with the first 2 pumps so I never asked to code the third. I needed Star to determine if the pumps were good and it turned out those 2 had communication errors with Star. In the long run, it didn't matter or make sense anyway since my seats would not inflate due to a bladder leak. Everything else I need to work does- Alarm locks headrests gas door- so Im good. Trunk is starting to pop slow though but its been 3 + years....
Old 08-08-2020, 11:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 C43 993C2S
Originally Posted by Tall Giraffe
Glad to help.

I don't think so. If you find a pump from a car that had dynamic seats then it should be a direct hit plug and play. Something like that for example would be the same part number and donated by the same car (E55) Most Fleebay listings don't mention from which car the donor pump was pulled from however you might get lucky.

If you are inclined you may be able to fix yours as I believe there are some videos or someone has ventured into the waters.

For me it took 3 pumps till I got a working one. I ate up some favors from my indie at the time with the first 2 pumps so I never asked to code the third. I needed Star to determine if the pumps were good and it turned out those 2 had communication errors with Star. In the long run, it didn't matter or make sense anyway since my seats would not inflate due to a bladder leak. Everything else I need to work does- Alarm locks headrests gas door- so Im good. Trunk is starting to pop slow though but its been 3 + years....
I got unlucky using eBay and was able to get a refund. Is there a DIY for fixing the pump? Let me try google...lol

Old 08-17-2020, 04:04 PM

Just an update for those that may be dealing with the same issue;

I was able to find another PSE pump off another E55 with the same options (contour seats/trunk lid/ gas cap/ all 4 doors/vacuum manifold assist)
Upon its arrival, literally plug and play. As soon as i dropped the used PSE pump in from a donor E55 it worked perfectly.

Don't waste your time buying a brand new pump and getting it programmed which could cost you 700-800$. Do your best to find a used working pump and it will be just like new
Low C230 (09-01-2020)
Old 08-18-2020, 09:58 PM

E55 C43 993C2S
Talking

I was able to find another PSE pump off another E55 with the same options (contour seats/trunk lid/ gas cap/ all 4 doors/vacuum manifold assist)
Upon its arrival, literally plug and play. As soon as i dropped the used PSE pump in from a donor E55 it worked perfectly.

Don't waste your time buying a brand new pump and getting it programmed which could cost you 700-800$. Do your best to find a used working pump and it will be just like new
And where did you find this gem?
Old 08-30-2020, 11:56 AM

E55 C43 993C2S

Same here - was able to find a pump off same year E55 from these guys https://www.ebay.com/usr/european_parts. It worked like a charm, highly recommended the seller.

They have tons of parts for sale...

Last edited by trinitony; 08-30-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by trinitony
Same here - was able to find a pump off same year E55 from these guys https://www.ebay.com/usr/european_parts. It worked like a charm, highly recommended the seller.

They have tons of parts for sale...

I'm glad it worked out for you too!
trinitony (09-02-2020)