Sponsored by:

Finally was able to pick up a 210 55..some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A4
Finally was able to pick up a 210 55..some questions

So the car is in good working order/shape, cant see any leaks aside from power steering. Only a few minor things I found so far that I had some questions about. First thing I noticed was the drivers seat padding/springs seem to be totally worn, and the dynamic seat bladders don't seem to be functional. Adding to this there is a distinct hiss coming from the passenger control, This seems to last maybe two minutes before it eventually goes away. I tried to open up the control to check the o rings ,but could only get the front open with the tab, whats the trick with getting the rear side off as well? Is there a way to swap the seats, although they have the dynamic option? Second, cosmetic issue. Two of the tabs on the headlights that hold the bumper on are broken/missing. Tried searching PN for these, didn't get much back. Pics attached. Thanks for any input.

Matt.

Old 02-10-2021, 03:45 AM

Received 119 Likes on 76 Posts
2021 e All Terrain, 2001 e55
I have owned three of these cars and the seats never worked.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A4
Upon further investigation, those headlight brackets seem to be solely with the headlights, will have to be a junk yard item. I'm also missing one center cap, for the monoblocks, are these the 75mm or 73mm for replacement? The hood emblem, this is 73mm as well? Whats a good site to grab discounted OE parts? I got the dynamic control cover off, there is another pita clip on the rear that really needed a flat heads help. There is a leak from one of the hoses on the seats, the bottom half of the white nipple broke off in to the hose, otherwise everything seems to be functional. Are these white nipple pieces able to be removed and replaced?

Thanks again

Matt.

Last edited by broham; 02-11-2021 at 09:20 AM.