W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60

Upgraded suspension question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2024 | 01:12 PM

2003 Corvette Z06, 1999 E55 AMG
Upgraded suspension question?

I need to replace my front springs. I am wondering if there is an aftermarket suspension or coil overs that I can put on all 4 corners that lowers the car a little bit but keeps a nice comfortable ride? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2024 | 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Have you considered the thinnest spring perch spacers with stock springs or equivalent springs? You can always contact Eibach with spring height, diameter, and rate (or usage) and see what they recommend. Do not go too low.

Personally, I find the rebound damping on my Bilstein shocks (even with stock springs) is far too low. Looking at moving to another shock absorber; preferably adjustable. Possibly Konis but I have not made the time to research if available for the W210.

Also, the W210 does not use coil overs; the spring perches are separate from the shocks. Not trying to be a grammer ****; just trying to make it easier for you find what you need.

EDIT: FWIW, my '99 E55 is a Canadian car that somehow migrated down to South Texas and never returned North. The "kilometers" reading in the odometer really messed with my fuel mileage calculations for the first week or so that I owned it. I was thinking "35 miles per gallon?" when it was 35 kilometers per gallon.

Last edited by bbirdwell; 01-29-2024 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-16-2024 | 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 matic
I have vogtland springs and the lowest spring pads in the front and #2 in the back, its fine most places but I do have to be careful on some speed bumps.