W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60

W210 E55 rotors??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2024 | 11:41 AM

A4
W210 E55 rotors??

Im coming up to a front brake job sooner than later, I have a tiny lip on my current rotors..I was considering trying to turn them vs just get new ones. Ive been scouring the interwebs trying to find these rotors, averaging $250+ or so each. Is there some other alternatives, or better aftermarket ones, same size that I could look at???
Old 10-11-2024 | 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

'99 and '05 E55 AMG
You can turn them if at or above minimum maintenance thickness. If below, go new. And yes, they are pricey with different part numbers for right and left front. FWIW, bit the bullet and purchased new rotors as the thickness was below the minimum maintenance. On the bright side, I don't worry about the rotors anymore.

Old Yesterday | 09:54 AM

A4
Originally Posted by bbirdwell
You can turn them if at or above minimum maintenance thickness. If below, go new. And yes, they are pricey with different part numbers for right and left front. FWIW, bit the bullet and purchased new rotors as the thickness was below the minimum maintenance. On the bright side, I don't worry about the rotors anymore.
thanks for the attachment. and you're right, id rather just get new ones and be done with it, plus it seems turning rotors is somewhat of a dying art. Is it best to stick with oem, or is there alternatives as long as the size is correct? I remember reading something about other AMG models being compatible..
Old Yesterday | 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Mine were Centric rotors from RockAuto. $223 each for the front rotors, $50 each for the rear rotors. It was sticker shock for me also...