W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Test Drove E55 and other surprises

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2005 | 08:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Test Drove E55 and other surprises

Today i went with a friend to Chamber Motor Cars to look at the E55AMG. It was snowing a lot today so the roads were very slushy. I took the E55 around the block and took it easy. I could only accelerate the car to about 65% power because of the snow. Even at that power i could feel its wealth of torque and the car was asking me to go faster and faster, and i was so tempted to floor it but i couldnt. Ride felt very firm and confident. I was totally blown away by the car. It was an amazing experience.

In the main showroom there was a beautiful silver/red SLR. It was the first time i saw it so i was also amazed at its beauty. Asking price was approximatley $465,000. They also had a gold/cream Maybach 52. Also very beautiful.

Then we took a look at one of their storage rooms and saw a numerous SL55's. Also saw a black/charcoal CL65 with about 200 miles for sale 20k under sticker. Also i saw a NEW S65 black/charcoal that was already sold.

In conclusion it was a good trip because i saw amazing cars and test drove a E55.
Old 03-12-2005 | 08:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Well..................gonna buy one? I think you will be happy with it. I will know for sure in about 3 weeks. Hope the boat don't sink.