Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2005 | 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Liquid Glass....Yes or No??

1) Is it a wax?
2) Anyone ever used it?
3) Probably for older cars that want shine back right?

Epinions...not one negative review yet.

How the heck would I take old wax off...that scares the heck outta me.

Epinions
Old 03-26-2005 | 10:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
1) Is it a wax?
2) Anyone ever used it?
3) Probably for older cars that want shine back right?

Epinions...not one negative review yet.

How the heck would I take old wax off...that scares the heck outta me.

Epinions

I am glad that you started this thread. I have used liquid glass many times and as my car is almost here, I am considering this product or Zanio.

Your first question would be "No", it is not a wax. It is a polish that is some kind of polymer. I suppose it is similar to Zanio, as it goes on in layers or coats. You are to wait for 4 hours between coats and when finished, you place the car in the sun to "Bake" it on (their words, not mine).

Second question, "Yes" I have used it many times. It provides excellent protection, lasts a long time (sometimes it seems to last a year), and produces a super slick surface.

I don't think it for old cars exclusively. It is not abrasive at all. There is a "Pre-Cleaner" that would be applied first. It does remove haze, but not with an abrasive action. It does it chemically. I suppose one could use Dawn dishwashing liquid as explained on the Zanio web site, to remove the old polish. I am sure the pre-cleaner will remove any old polish/wax as well.

If I may insert a question here I would be most grateful. My car will arrive next week or the following week. The dealer plans to use an orbital buffer, then wax it. Should I tell them NOT to do either one of these and apply Liquid Glass or Zanio myself? Thanks and I apologize if I just hijacked this thread.
Old 03-26-2005 | 12:15 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Originally Posted by can drive 55
If I may insert a question here I would be most grateful. My car will arrive next week or the following week. The dealer plans to use an orbital buffer, then wax it. Should I tell them NOT to do either one of these and apply Liquid Glass or Zanio myself? Thanks and I apologize if I just hijacked this thread.
I would be hestitant to let the dealer do any thing other than the standard dealer prep. All I did when I got my car was wash it gently and put Meguier's Yellow wax. If I was to do it again I would probably Zaino instead. Nobody can do it as well as you (unless you are not proficient at car care).