Sponsored by:

you guys are my ONLY hope.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boxster MY97, CL55 ///AMG MY03
you guys are my ONLY hope.

Greeting, Been luring around the forums for a whille, gathering info since i was interested in acquiring a V8 Kompressor powered car (any car).

Well luck would have it that i got a CL55 ///AMG MY 03 with 15K MIles.

This was about two weeks ago, and i was extremly happy with my purchase.
(this car new in Puerto Rico goes for about $170,000)
Then I started getting a ESP failure msg, a noise from the front kinda like when you need to put more power steering fluid in and also my car had some really weird alignment.

Well, i scheduled my first service meeting at the local dealer. They called back to let me know that they couldn't fix my rpoblem under warranty.
It appears the prcious owner had the car towed on a flat bed truck, and they had hoisted the car to the flat bed by ussing a grapl;ing hook on the rack and pinion.

So they prepared a quote for me where they state that it will cost me $4,000 to replace the rack and pinion. I own several expensive marque cars and i even do some mechanical work myself in my porsche.

I CAN'T fathom a Rack and pinion being worth $3,500 ($500 are for the install)

They did agree to install one in their own facilities if i can source one.

Any idea which is the best dealer to buy parts from, or maybe a junker that specializes in Merc's only?

Thanx a lot and have a nice day.

Francisco Cueto
San Juan, Puerto Rico

P.S. sorry for posting on th E55 forum, but this one gets a lot more traffic than the CL one.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:26 AM

2005 Kleemann Stage 3 E55
I would think that a dealer closer to you would be the best and the shipping charges would be less.

Good luck
Old 03-28-2005, 01:08 PM

Boxster MY97, CL55 ///AMG MY03
Well, I live on a rather small island, and this is pretty much the only dealership.

Frank
Old 03-28-2005, 09:21 PM

Bently Continental GT

Last edited by DoctorXylophone; 02-26-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:32 AM

SL 500
Originally Posted by Cueto
Greeting, Been luring around the forums for a whille, gathering info since i was interested in acquiring a V8 Kompressor powered car (any car).

Well luck would have it that i got a CL55 ///AMG MY 03 with 15K MIles.

This was about two weeks ago, and i was extremly happy with my purchase.
(this car new in Puerto Rico goes for about $170,000)
Then I started getting a ESP failure msg, a noise from the front kinda like when you need to put more power steering fluid in and also my car had some really weird alignment.

Well, i scheduled my first service meeting at the local dealer. They called back to let me know that they couldn't fix my rpoblem under warranty.
It appears the prcious owner had the car towed on a flat bed truck, and they had hoisted the car to the flat bed by ussing a grapl;ing hook on the rack and pinion.

So they prepared a quote for me where they state that it will cost me $4,000 to replace the rack and pinion. I own several expensive marque cars and i even do some mechanical work myself in my porsche.

I CAN'T fathom a Rack and pinion being worth $3,500 ($500 are for the install)

They did agree to install one in their own facilities if i can source one.

Any idea which is the best dealer to buy parts from, or maybe a junker that specializes in Merc's only?

Thanx a lot and have a nice day.

Francisco Cueto
San Juan, Puerto Rico

P.S. sorry for posting on th E55 forum, but this one gets a lot more traffic than the CL one.
Francisco, I live here in San Juan also. Email me at supragator@aol.com. I can maybe help you.