W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone let me know when they get there car fixed under recall..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Can someone let me know when they get there car fixed under recall..

Wondering if they are gonna flash my ECU.....Cory begged me in the name of everything sacred NOT to have them ever flash me again. Not good to be putting that much boost and airflow with old Fuel flow...yikes.

If anyone gets the recall fix...lemme know if the dealer says anything about flashing the ECU.

( I know I know....it just regulator check and battery fix...but I got a funny feeling a flash is coming too)

Thanks guys
Old 04-03-2005, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Wondering if they are gonna flash my ECU.....Cory begged me in the name of everything sacred NOT to have them ever flash me again. Not good to be putting that much boost and airflow with old Fuel flow...yikes.

If anyone gets the recall fix...lemme know if the dealer says anything about flashing the ECU.

( I know I know....it just regulator check and battery fix...but I got a funny feeling a flash is coming too)

Thanks guys
I assume they flashed you with the brake recall several months ago. Was this before your mods?
Old 04-03-2005, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Crap...that was my biggest fear. So the brake recall IS a flash? I thought it was just checking the voltage regualtor and battery upgrade....

Anyone know if that is true.

If so...what the heck do I do???

Old 04-03-2005, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Crap...that was my biggest fear. So the brake recall IS a flash? I thought it was just checking the voltage regualtor and battery upgrade....

Anyone know if that is true.

If so...what the heck do I do???

I may be wrong but I thought the brake recall was a program update. This voltage regulator & battery is something new and I have not seen anything in the mail yet. Just make sure your service manager knows that you have the Kleemann program so if they need to flash it they will tell you first. My dealer has notes in my history not to touch my ECU. Not that big of a deal, just send it to Cory after the update from MB and have him redo it.