How to reset the CLOCK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
How to reset the CLOCK?

Time changed an hour forward and i dont know how to set the time... i know its lame, but i'm too lazy to read the manual, anyway guide me! I see the time/date in my cluster menu but cant find option to change the time....

Help.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
You can't change the time. Mercedes are made in Germany and they don't have Daylight Savings Time, so they don't believe you need to change it. So you just have to make do. (The M-class can be changed, since it is made in the USA.)

-s-
Old 04-05-2005, 07:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Bob

You can set the hour hand. I saw it performed yesterday when my car was delivered. It was one of the things the salesman covered in his 2 hour dissertation. I can't remember the exact steps, but it was done when he was explaining the info display. You scroll through the menus on the steering wheel until you get to "settings". then "clock, hours", then change the hours. It is explained on page 166 in the U.S. owner's manual. Maybe a different page in the Canadian book.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
Press "serv" button then select "time." If you've got nav with GPS, you then select just the hour and hit "OK."
Old 04-06-2005, 04:46 AM

2004 E55 AMG
you got command? i dont know about US version, but we just go SERV > TIME > use arrows to set hours > OK. they hour hand should spin forward an hour for you automatically.
good luck
Old 04-06-2005, 05:33 AM

2012 C63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Red face

Originally Posted by scorchie
You can't change the time. Mercedes are made in Germany and they don't have Daylight Savings Time, so they don't believe you need to change it. So you just have to make do. (The M-class can be changed, since it is made in the USA.)

-s-
Yes... I don't know what possessed you to say such a thing, but Germany's daylight savings started on the 27th of March, along with the rest of Europe.

Meanwhile, I changed the time last week, just select 'serv' and there will be an option for the clock
It's fun to watch the clock set itself. I was so amused!
Old 04-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by tommaey
Yes... I don't know what possessed you to say such a thing, but Germany's daylight savings started on the 27th of March, along with the rest of Europe.
...he might have been possessed by the numberous how do I change the time threads floating around forums and filling up mail boxes...

greetingz,
Old 04-06-2005, 01:11 PM

Spyker C8, MB ML63 AMG, land rover

Meanwhile, I changed the time last week, just select 'serv' and there will be an option for the clock
It's fun to watch the clock set itself. I was so amused!
LOL!!
Old 04-07-2005, 09:01 AM

2012 C63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
...he might have been possessed by the numberous how do I change the time threads floating around forums and filling up mail boxes...

greetingz,

I wasnt talking about the part about not being able to change the time. I meant the part about Germans not believing in it/daylight savings.

they aren't that tight lol
Old 04-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
I wasnt talking about the part about not being able to change the time. I meant the part about Germans not believing in it/daylight savings.

they aren't that tight lol
...erm...I would call either part in his post sarcasme...so it is still the same: posessed by the many posts about time changes...

greetingz,
Old 04-07-2005, 05:34 PM

resetting time

scroll through to the time /date screen and then use the + - to change the time and then push the reset button, the thing on the left hand side of the intrument panel and hold it and watch the time change. that was easy. I still can't get the day and date to appear on the screen, even though it's set correctly.