Sponsored by:

New owner saying Hi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner saying Hi

Hey guys,

After lurking on these boards for several years, I finally purchased a 2005 e55. I have come from a 99 e55, 00 M5, 02 M5, and then traded my 02 on the new e55. The M cars were truly wonderful. I have nothing negative to say about those cars. I have had a deposit on the new v10 M5 for about 2 years. I guess I am one of the few who just has not warmed up to the new body style. So I decided to try something a bit different.

My e55 is brilliant silver/charcoal. The options include xenons, keyless go, dvd nav, heated/ventilated seats, phone, dynamic seats & parktronic. This car had 2000 miles on it when I bought it.

I am so very happy with the fit & finish. It is very nice & comfortable inside. Actually it is fantastic inside. The dvd navigation is great - remember I am coming from a cd based system in the M5. The torque is absolutely amazing from this engine. The handling is not quite the same as in the M5. Sorry, but thats just the way it is. I think that there are some things that my M5 did better, and there are some things that the e55 does better. Both cars are truly wonderful examples of automotive excellence, IMHO! Hopefully this car will continue to provide excitement for years to come.

Well thats it. One of these days I will try & learn to post pics. Until then, just wanted to say thank you for all the people who contribute to this board. It is a great source of information.

Cheers

Frank
Old 04-07-2005, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Congratulations...just wait until the engine is fully broken in!
Old 04-07-2005, 09:28 AM

2006 SLK 55 AMG
Congrats!!

Don't mind me asking.....how much did you pay for it?

JMC
Old 04-07-2005, 09:32 AM

2011 S550
frank,
congrats. i am a new owner as well.
i moved from a C4S. thus far i am very happy.
i need to get some pics up too.
good luck.

roy
Old 04-07-2005, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Welcome Frank! Glad to have you aboard and here's hoping more will come out from lurking.

Enjoy the Beast.....and as I always say, "wait til she's broke in and you bring it up to redline for the first time"......it's an unforgetable moment.

When you have questions....just post um on up.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:18 AM

E63, GT500
good for you brotha...one of the few?...get in line man.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:37 AM

Well it is neat to see all the different cars some of you have had. When I was looking to trade in my M5 I looked at perhaps getting a C4S, & even drove a couple of tt. Both were really fantastic. Certainly if money were no object it would be nice to have one of those amongst the fleet as well.

In response to what I paid. Well the car was listed for 87999. The problem was two-fold. First, they had the car right there (and when it is sitting in the delivery garage all polished and shining you experience Pavlov's theory first hand ) and second, this car really had all the options that I would have ordered. In fact I forgot to mention that it also came with the tire pressure monitoring system. I received, what I think was a fair price on my M5, and we finanized the deal for 85500. Is this a good deal or not, I guess I am not really sure. I think it was a fair deal for both parties.

I live in surburban Chicago. I know that there were a couple of 2004 e55's at MB of Chicago. In fact one of them has a pano roof, 11k miles & they are asking about 79k. I also called Isringhausen. For those of you not familiar with this dealership they are located in Springfield, Illinois, about 3 hours south of Chicago. They are an authorized dealer for MB, BMW, Porsche and perhaps a few other brands. I believe that they are an authorized dealer for Renntech as well. They always seem to have some pre-owned Renntech Mercs for sale. They have 2 2005 e55's. When I asked them about pricing, they pretty much told me that sticker price is what these cars are going to sell for.

Frank
Old 04-07-2005, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I am sure you are alllll over this already...but here are the Auto Trader Benz's in your area...just helping a brotha out.

Click
Old 04-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Banned

welcome man!!! the biggest and best difference from my standpoint is with the sc engine you can get some serious mods done versus slappin a sc on an m car and having to worry about all the internals. the mb has forged everything in there!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:35 AM

2005 Kleemann Stage 3 E55
Originally Posted by frankdds
Hey guys,

After lurking on these boards for several years, I finally purchased a 2005 e55. I have come from a 99 e55, 00 M5, 02 M5, and then traded my 02 on the new e55. The M cars were truly wonderful. I have nothing negative to say about those cars. I have had a deposit on the new v10 M5 for about 2 years. I guess I am one of the few who just has not warmed up to the new body style. So I decided to try something a bit different.

My e55 is brilliant silver/charcoal. The options include xenons, keyless go, dvd nav, heated/ventilated seats, phone, dynamic seats & parktronic. This car had 2000 miles on it when I bought it.

I am so very happy with the fit & finish. It is very nice & comfortable inside. Actually it is fantastic inside. The dvd navigation is great - remember I am coming from a cd based system in the M5. The torque is absolutely amazing from this engine. The handling is not quite the same as in the M5. Sorry, but thats just the way it is. I think that there are some things that my M5 did better, and there are some things that the e55 does better. Both cars are truly wonderful examples of automotive excellence, IMHO! Hopefully this car will continue to provide excitement for years to come.

Well thats it. One of these days I will try & learn to post pics. Until then, just wanted to say thank you for all the people who contribute to this board. It is a great source of information.

Cheers

Frank
Lowering the car dramatically improves handling. You will see much improved turn in and good negative camber front and rear. Some of the electronic lowering modules allow you to lower the car an inch and also return it to stock in about 5 minutes.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Frankdds,

Welcome aboard! I also had an //M previous to my E55, and haven't looked back. There are a couple of us in the Chicagoland area, email me off the board if you'd like to meet up with us sometime.

FWIW, to echo Gid_E_Up, I just had my car lowered an inch and it's an amazing difference. Best part of all, you can raise the car back 3/4" of an inch at the push of a button. Talk about convenience!

-m